Marmot

Posted by Tom Bentley on Wed May 12, 2004 1:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
I haven't had a chance to post or comment in some time. There have been some outstanding posts.

This Hoary Marmot was taken in Sept 2002 in Kenai Fjords NP on the Exit Glacier hiking trail. I saw what I believe is the same guy sitting on this rock for 2 years in a row. It is a great lookout.

Canon EOS3, 400mm 5.6, Sensia 100, Minolta dimage III scanner, Photoshop with just some sharpening.

My photoshop skills are pathetic. I can't seem to get myself to sit down and really spend any time learning how to use it properly. The slide was tack sharp before scanning.

Comments are welcomed! Thanks for looking!
[b]Comments welcomed!!

Tom Bentley
Schaumburg, IL

Website all new!!!
http://www.thomasbentley.com[/b]

Posted by:
Tom Bentley
Forum Contributor

by NDCheryl on Wed May 12, 2004 7:28 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Tom,

Glad to see you are back in the forum. This is a cute pose for the marmot. I would love to see this sharpened more. I am glad your slide is sharp. Can you apply any sharpening through your scanner or only in PS? Thanks for posting in Wildlife.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

by Carol Clarke on Thu May 13, 2004 2:55 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Nice shot of this little guy doing sentry duty Tom. I know Photoshop seems daunting at first but I am beginning to find my way around it now and it really is a bonus!!

I had a little go at this image just now, and just by selecting Levels and moving the slider slightly to the left, and then selecting Colour Balance and moving the slider a little from Blue towards Yellow, it really brightened this image up. I then selected Filter, Sharpen, Unsharp Mask and gave it a little sharpening. As you rightly say, the slide was obviously sharp enough! 8) :)
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

3 posts |