Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Alexandre Vaz on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:28 am
Alexandre Vaz
Forum Contributor
I'm not sure how good is it going to be, but it's nice to see that there are brands developing different concepts and taking chances in innovative designs:
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/RicohGXR/

For many years photographers complained about the lack of a segment between the P&S and the DSLR. But recently several brands started offering interesting solutions. I wonder if Canon and Nikon will ever join this party...

by dbostedo on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:20 am
dbostedo
Forum Contributor
I'm wondering how they are going to overcome the cost disadvantages of having a unique sensor for every lens. Or maybe they are assuming that people will only every buy 1 or maybe 2 of the sensor/lens modules? That might be true given their target market, but I personally don't see it.
David Bostedo
Vienna, VA, USA

by imagenes_vivas on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:58 am
imagenes_vivas
Forum Contributor
I do not understand this concept: if you want to use the macro lens, you have a 12 MP APS-C CMOS. If you change the lens because you need a zoom, you have a tiny 10MP CCD sensor :?

This is not one camera with interchangeable lenses. These are two very different camera models that share the same grip, buttons and LCD screen. Perhaps is interesting for Ricoh to reduce expenses.

by bbili on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:57 am
bbili
Forum Contributor
What do you do when the sensor starts to degrade... hot spots, etc? Hate to throw out perfectly good glass b/c the sensor has issues.

by Alexandre Vaz on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:20 pm
Alexandre Vaz
Forum Contributor
bbili wrote:What do you do when the sensor starts to degrade... hot spots, etc? Hate to throw out perfectly good glass b/c the sensor has issues.
You could use this exact same argument to defend the opposite... What do you do when your DSLR sensor gets damaged? Don't you hate to throw out a perfectly good display, viewfinder, shutter, mirror and pentaprism?

by bbili on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 pm
bbili
Forum Contributor
That's true... but I don't see the point in CREATING this problem by combining the two components.

6 posts |