All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by TSparger on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:49 pm
TSparger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00095
I've noticed over the past few years as I have purchased used equipment online that people advertise stuff like "comes with warranty card", "under warranty until ....". I recently sent a used MkIIn in to Canon for service and they advised me that once the camera left the hands of the original owner that the warranty was no longer valid. Therefore, my question is does it really matter if the warranty card comes with the sale of a used camera or if the camera is still under it's original warranty period?
Todd Sparger
[b]NSN 0095[/b]
Southeastern Region Moderator

by George DeCamp on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:49 pm
George DeCamp
Lifetime Member
Member #:00147
I know some folks have been asked for a Warranty card as well as a sales receipt from where you bought it. I bet it depends on the day you walk in and the mood of the person behind the desk. I was only asked once for a sales receipt at Nikon and said i had no idea where it was and they fixed it anyway. I am sure they know all about the "comes with warranty card" type postings.

by dougc on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm
dougc
Forum Contributor
I think most are valid for the original purchaser only. Stay in touch with the original owner if possible.

by amp5213 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:33 pm
amp5213
Lifetime Member
Member #:00406
It depends on what the original warranty card states. Nikon warranties state that they are not transferrable from the original owner. I consider it a scam by the camera companies. A new car warranty transfers to the the second owner if the car is sold while still under warranty.

4 posts |