Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 25 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 am
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Just goes to show you how different we all are with different needs. When I bought my ball head, I tried the RRS, Kirk, Swiss Arca and Markins. For me the Markins was the best of the bunch. It was smoother in operation, was the lightest in weight and could handle the most weight. These were all very important features for me, especially the light weight. I have been tremendously pleased with my M20 and have never regretted that choice.

by Marc on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:35 am
Marc
Forum Contributor
I'm with you Tim.
Another vote for the Markins M20. Makes for a great combo on my 500VR & GT3540LS/Sidekick. :wink:
Cheers
Marc
MarcMol.com    FACEBOOK    500px 

by Kari Post on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:29 pm
Kari Post
Forum Contributor
Member #:00959
Another vote here for Really Right Stuff products. I have the BH-55 LR and BH-40 LR (haven't used the latter yet though). I previously owned the Arca-Swiss B1 and had it lock up on me several times. The only problem I have ever had with the BH-55 is that I managed to misalign the inner disk with the drop cutouts from the rest of the housing by forcing the housing to pan when it was frozen in 12 degree Farenheit temperatures. I just had to realign in when the ballhead warmed up, and could probably have it fixed or replaced by RRS under warranty.
Kari Post, former NSN Editor 2009-2013
Check out my Website and Instagram

by Larsen on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:02 pm
Larsen
Forum Contributor
BH-55 with B2 AS II clamp. IMHO it is the best there is for a photographers needing rapid set-up and adjusting.
_

by Juan A. Pons on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:49 pm
Juan A. Pons
Web Consultant
Member #:00028
I have been using the Really Right Stuff BH-55 since it came out and can't say enough good things about it. The most ergonomic and stable ball head around. Kinda pricy, but you get what you pay for.

-J
Juan A. Pons
NSN 0028
Check my new Photo Workshops: http://juanpons.org/workshops

25 posts |