Not African wildlife........Colorado Wildlife

Posted by JODYGRIGG on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:30 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Mountain Goats, Mount Evans Wilderness Area, Colorado.
Canon 10D
Canon 300 f/2.8 IS
Handheld

The reason for my title is well, it seem like people have forgotten that there are other animals and wildlife out there.......

Posted by:
JODYGRIGG
Forum Contributor

by Noel on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:54 pm
Noel
Forum Contributor
Beautiful motif shot in the Tundra. I especially like the way the one on the upper-right is resting its chin.

-Noel
[size=75][i]Edits, reposts, and constructive criticism of my work always welcome![/i][/size]

by Karen S on Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:33 pm
Karen S
Lifetime Member
Member #:00021
Nice image Jody. Great composition and I really enjoy the poses on the two in the back. As to your comment about African posts, I try to find the beauty in everyones posts regardless of the location they are shot, including wonderful images from Colorado.
[b]Karen B. Schindeldecker[/b]
[b]NSN 0021 [/b]
[url=http://www.natureswildlight.com][b]Nature's Wild Light [/b][/url]
[b]Minnesota, USA[/b]

by Dennis Olivero on Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:42 pm
Dennis Olivero
Lifetime Member
Member #:00020
JG
Thanks for posting to the motif. Nice shot of Mt Goats relaxing in the rocks. Exposure looks right on the money and the little ones are very cute, especially the one in the back (as mentioned above) resting on the rock. The white thing in the upper right is a little distracting and a crop to pano format would get rid of that and IMHO strengthen the picture. I might also selectively sharpen the subjects and avoid any sharpening on the rocks for web viewing, just to draw more attention to the main subjects (since they are very similar in texture/tone).. At NSN we encourage people to post pictures from any continent and any location.. Thanks again for your contribution..
[b]Dennis Olivero[/b]
[url=http://www.northernlightnaturephotography.com][b]Northern Light Nature Photography[/b][/url]
NSN 20

by ebkw on Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:22 pm
ebkw
Forum Contributor
Nice group, Jody!!! Just wait until the fall when many of the contributors here post lots of images from their late summer and autumn trips! Lots of moose, deer, mountain goats and sheep :) :) :)
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

by Alan Melle on Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:01 pm
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
Very nice Motif shot. I might be tempted to crop the top slightly to eliminate what appears to be bright snow in the ULC, but it's nice as is.
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by Juli Wilcox on Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:00 pm
Juli Wilcox
Editor in Chief
Member #:00010
Lovely, lazy nicely exposed goats with good dof and sharpness. Would definitely second a crop to pano!
[b]Juli Wilcox[/b]
[b]Former Editor in Chief, NSN[/b]

by NDCheryl on Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:49 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
I really like the layering of the 3 goats within the image as it gives it a great sense of depth. The ano crop would make it even more dynamic while eliminating the white blotch in the ULC. Thanks for posting.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

by Carol Clarke on Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:28 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
ANY animal species shots are welcome in this forum Jody no matter which continent they come from :) and I think you will find quite a selection of excellent US Goat and Sheep images!

Nice group shot in their natural environment, but the rocks are a little distracting as there are so many of a similar colour to the sheep. I agree with Dennis that selective sharpening might help the sheep to stand out more, and certainly a pano crop helps to focus attention on the main subjects for a more dynamic image.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

9 posts |