All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by TSparger on Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:29 pm
TSparger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00095
I've been trying to e-mail pictures to someone all night via PS Elements 2 by using the attach to e-mail function in the file menu and having it automatically convert the picture, but the sizes are still in the 150 to 200kb size and was wondering how to reduce these more or is this what it should be set at for an e-mail. I know this may sound elementary, but that is basically my level of skill in PS.
Todd Sparger
[b]NSN 0095[/b]
Southeastern Region Moderator

by Don Trowbridge on Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:00 pm
Don Trowbridge
Forum Contributor
Hi Todd,
If the pictures are only intended for viewing on a PC monitor, I would suggest resizing the image to 72 dpi and setting the size to something like 800x600 or 1024x768 (approximately) and then saving the image with a new name with the jpg image quality set to 5. Depending on the original image, just changing the dpi to 72 might do the trick. After you change the dpi in the image/resize/image size menu, check to see what the dimensions are and if they are adequate, your set to "save as". Otherwise change the dimensions to what you feel are appropriate making sure the
'constrain proportions' and 'resample image' boxes are checked. When you change one of the dimensions with 'constrain proportions' checked, the other dimension will change accordingly to keep the original proportions. Just as an example, I changed a 1856x1392, 180dpi image, just by changing the dpi to 72 and saving as a quality 5 jpg, the size reduced from the origial 1.2M to 37K.
Hope this helps, happy Photoshopping!

Don

by TSparger on Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:36 pm
TSparger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00095
Thank you very much Don. I will give that a try.
Todd Sparger
[b]NSN 0095[/b]
Southeastern Region Moderator

3 posts |