All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by logan14k0 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:45 am
logan14k0
Forum Contributor
Hi friends,
I have two pictures I'd like to make one. I have a picture of a man I'd like to put over a picture of a flag for a presidential candidate funny. The only way I can think to get him over the flag, though, is to use some sort of "Paint" application and trace around his body, then cut and paste. And I don't want to do that...is there anything that could make it look a little more...I don't know, artistic, rather than the pixilation caused by Paint?
Thanks

by Greg Downing on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:09 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
A good approach is to overlay the image and then use a layer mask to blend them. If you have not used layer masks before this is a good project to practice on. I am making the assumption that you are using PhotoShop and not another image editing program.

Starting with the images both open go to the image of the man and click CTL-A (select all) then Ctrl-C (copy). Then with the flag image open on top click Ctl-V (paste) The entire picture of the man is now on top of the flag. Now comes the fun part. Open your layers palette and you will now have two layers. Click on the top layer and then add a layer mask (click the little layer mask icon at the bottom of the palette). Once the layer mask is added then change your foreground paint color to black and select a brush from the tools and start paining over the areas from the top image to reveal the flag below. You can adjust the size and hardness of the brush to your preference and adjust the opacity of the brush in order to reveal more or less of the layer below. If you make a mistake you can undo a step or paint the same area with white to reveal the top image again. You can also make an adjustment to the entire top layer by adjusting the overall opacity of the later itself to reveal more or less of the bottom layer (in this case the flag) if you want, for instance, the effect of having the man somewhat opaque.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

2 posts |