Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Geo on Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:41 am
Geo
Forum Contributor

Last edited by Geo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Ron Niebrugge on Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:47 pm
Ron Niebrugge
Lifetime Member
Member #:00440
I use the similar function with IMatch and love it - it has really been a big time saver. Now I just put a check in the box next to a word such as wolf, and the IPTC is instantly populated with the numerous related words. It has really sped up the image submission process.

Unfortunately the IPTC Toolkit didn’t support the export of keywords, something they were going to change in the newest version – do you know if you can do that now? I have a couple of agencies that for some reason can’t pull caption and keyword info from the IPTC yet so I need to export.

There were a couple of things the IPTC Toolkit offers that I think are great. One, it will shove the IPTC header back into a jpeg that has been “saved for web”. I know you can keep that info with the “Save as” command, but the file is just too big.

The other thing I liked about the IPTC Toolkit is the ability to integrate David Riecks Controlled Vocabulary – this maybe why your agency is encouraging its use. I think we are going to hear a lot more about having a controlled vocabulary in the years to come – it is definitely needed.

by Geo on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:59 am
Geo
Forum Contributor

Last edited by Geo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Ron Niebrugge on Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:27 am
Ron Niebrugge
Lifetime Member
Member #:00440
Hey thanks George!

Ron

4 posts |