fbpixel

Moderators: E.J. Peiker, Greg Downing

All times are UTC - 5 hours

  
« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by ChrisRoss on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
Posts: 13032
Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Anyone have experience buying from Keh recently?  I know they used to have a great reputation, but recall seeing they were not so good to deal with recently.  I'm looking at buying an item for shipment to Australia.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services
 

by signgrap on Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 am
User avatar
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Posts: 1757
Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Location: Delaware Water Gap, PA
Member #:00424
I think the reports you are thinking of were related to the amount of money they were paying for used equipment i.e. being too low.  If your are buying from them I haven't heard any bad reports.  Have you checked https://www.resellerratings.com/store/KEH_Camera_Brokers
Dick Ludwig
 

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:05 am
User avatar
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Posts: 85924
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Member #:00002
Dick is correct and that they virtually always give you a quote and then tell you they are going to pay something less when they get the equipment regardless of condition. Purchasing seems to be very reliable.
 

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:47 pm
User avatar
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Posts: 8061
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Location: American Southwest
Member #:01817
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Dick is correct and that they virtually always give you a quote and then tell you they are going to pay something less when they get the equipment regardless of condition.  Purchasing seems to be very reliable.


My experience selling to them was just the opposite. I had three Canon chargers that nobody else would buy because they were older. They gave me a good quote and when they sent me the check, it was for more than the original offer. One was new and the other three were like new and I rated their condition very highly. That was a surprise to me!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
 

by ChrisRoss on Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
Posts: 13032
Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Great thanks, looks like a reasonable way to buy.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services
 

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:12 pm
User avatar
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Posts: 85924
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Member #:00002
SantaFeJoe wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Dick is correct and that they virtually always give you a quote and then tell you they are going to pay something less when they get the equipment regardless of condition.  Purchasing seems to be very reliable.


My experience selling to them was just the opposite. I had three Canon chargers that nobody else would buy because they were older. They gave me a good quote and when they sent me the check, it was for more than the original offer. One was new and the other three were like new and I rated their condition very highly. That was a surprise to me!

Joe

My experience is with lenses - 100% of the time on at least 6 sales, they came back with a dramatically lower final quote even on lenses that were brand new in a box and had only been used once for evaluation.  Now that was all several years ago which resulted in me not going back to them.  MPB is much more reliable in paying what they originally quote.
 

by Phil Shaw on Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:26 pm
Phil Shaw
Forum Contributor
Posts: 90
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Member #:00106
E.J. Peiker wrote:
MPB is much more reliable in paying what they originally quote.


Totally agree.  I have sold all my DSLR equipment through them over the last couple of years.  In some instances they graded my lenses into a higher level and paid me more than the original quote.
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
7 posts | 
  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group