what's going on here?

Posted by blovius on Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:43 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
near upper jay ny, ne adirondacks

if you've got questions, i've got answers
[url=http://www.adirondacklight.net][b]AdirondackLight[/b][/url] [b][i]and[/i][/b] [url=http://landscapist.squarespace.com/][b]The Landscapist[/b][/url]
Mark Hobson

My photographs aim at being true, not at being beautiful because, [i]what is true[/i] is most often beautiful.

Posted by:
blovius
Forum Contributor

by matt kuchta on Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:34 am
matt kuchta
Forum Contributor
Interesting how the bare branches are acting as "gate keepers" and prevent us from really discerning what's behind them.

I'm intrigued also by the horizontal branch. Cutting it off like that certainly adds tension, but I keep feeling like the tension is created more by the interruption of line and form than through any juxtaposition of branches within the picture.

Another search reveals the hint of a horizontal branch below it - almost like a fence, but barely discernable. Again, more interruption of line than juxtaposition here. But I like how it works with the other horizontal branch above it.

I'm not sure if you were hoping I would "feel" something here - I feel a little cold and analytical while looking at this, but I do have fun searching through the lines of the branches in this one.

-matt
NSN 0017

by Matt Cox on Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:56 pm
Matt Cox
Forum Contributor
I really like the patterns and colors here, and think the light is just perfect for this motif. I also like how the patterns of the foreground grasses match the patterns of the trees. I believe I'd like it even more if the horizontal tree wasn't there distracting my eye.
Matt Cox

by RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto on Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:50 pm
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto
Forum Contributor
I like it. The shape of the bare trees is excellent and the colors of the grass below and the foliage behind are very nice.
I think that what I like most is an overall graininess to the image which works very well with the texture of the bare trees.
Did you do anything to increase the graininess of the image?
http://www.gon2foto.net (current site)   
The grandeur of nature is God's glory.

by mhp767 on Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:42 pm
mhp767
Forum Contributor
Lovely. The textures and subtle colors really make the image.
Matt

by Ken Cravillion on Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:59 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Yup, I like the textures and patterns found in this image.
Ken Cravillion

6 posts |