Late afternoon at Maumee Bay

Posted by Laura Stiefel on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Maumee Bay State Park, Ohio

D60, Sigma 28-105mm, 1/250, f/11, ISO 400

I really wish Northwest Ohio was a little more scenic. This was a pretty striking view for the area when the wildflowers began blooming. All comments are welcome. Thanks for looking! :)
Laura Stiefel
[b]NSN 0229[/b]

Posted by:
Laura Stiefel
Lifetime Member
Member #:00229

by Ken Cravillion on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:50 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
I love all of those flowers. I also like the clouds on the top of the frame.
Ken Cravillion

by Anders on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:01 am
Anders
Lifetime Member
Member #:00156
Great light. I agree with Ken's comments but I keep searching for a main focus here... Maybe you could let the colorful flowers play a more dominant role here...?

Thanks for sharing,

Anders

by Jenny Ellerbe on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:33 am
Jenny Ellerbe
Forum Contributor
The colors of the wildflowers are nice but I wish I could see them more. Looks like you were faced with shooting from a low level (like I am most of the time) when being higher would give a better view of the meadow. Have you tried climbing up to the roof of your car?? :) Probably not possible here since you probably hiked in. Oh well, just an idea.
Jenny Ellerbe
Louisiana
http://www.jennyellerbe.com

by blovius on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:02 pm
blovius
Forum Contributor
hey laura

i don't want to see a "main focus" or more of anything. you've shown me quite a lot just like it is.

the dabbled clouds, the dabbled line of trees, and the dabbled spots of flowers are a wonderfull "main focus, especially when viewed against the simple featureless band of sky - a great sense of tension and energy.

light, color and texture also combine in an pleasing sense of place and time. having spent many an hour scuttling back and forth in northern ohio, i can say with some authority that this image really imparts a feeling of being there.

as is always my wont, i really appreciate the lack of apparent composition and technique - what i call unaffected and honest photography. in letting me see this for myself, you have shown me exactly what you wanted me to see.

great job dispite "wishing nw ohio was a little more scenic."
[url=http://www.adirondacklight.net][b]AdirondackLight[/b][/url] [b][i]and[/i][/b] [url=http://landscapist.squarespace.com/][b]The Landscapist[/b][/url]
Mark Hobson

My photographs aim at being true, not at being beautiful because, [i]what is true[/i] is most often beautiful.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I guess if you live there, you eventually end up with a nice day like this :D Very nice shot!

6 posts |