Autrain Falls- Upper Peninsula, Michigan

Posted by stevebein on Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
I just returned and am working on some of the images shot on digital. Notsure when I will get to the slides to scan. Ithink I should get the bulk loader for my scanner since it takes too much time to wait for each individual shot to be scanned.
The area was excellent. the colors not at their peak yet, and out of the week, with snow, rain, hail, fog and overcast, there was 1 1/2 clear days.
1Ds, 28-135, spot metered and adjusted per John Gerlach's teachings for metering.
Image after conversion to sRGB . It still is not the same as on my monitor, but better than before. Thanks Heather.
Steve Bein
drbein@aol.com

Last edited by stevebein on Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted by:
stevebein
Lifetime Member
Member #:00137

by stevebein on Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:03 pm
stevebein
Lifetime Member
Member #:00137
I am not sure what is happening, but it is very saturated on my screen in photoshop and looks washed out on this post. Help?? A true major difference
Steve Bein
drbein@aol.com

by Maxis Gamez on Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:33 pm
Maxis Gamez
Forum Contributor
There are some hot spots in the image. An overcast day would of made a different, I sure like the composition.
Maxis Gamez

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:35 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It looks about as good as you can get a shot like this on a sunny day. This one really needs an overcast to shine. It's otherwise a very nice image.

by Ken Cravillion on Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:57 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Nice shot of Au Train Falls. Agreed this would be better with overcast light. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.
Ken Cravillion

by Kelly on Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:33 pm
Kelly
Forum Contributor
stevebein wrote:I am not sure what is happening, but it is very saturated on my screen in photoshop and looks washed out on this post. Help?? A true major difference
Steve, a few times I forgot to convert from Adobe RGB to sRGB when saving for the web, and my posts looked completely different than they did in Photoshop. I don't know if that's the case here or not.

I do like your composition, especially the way the water hits the rocks with curved layers, and the red leaves in the water. The top looks a bit hot, but maybe that's not the case in the slide or the version you had in Photoshop.
Kelly O'Neill

by Eric R Johnson on Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:27 pm
Eric R Johnson
Forum Contributor
Beautiful. I think a stronger compostition would result from cropping to exclude the 'hot' area at the top.
Eric Johnson
NSN0101

7 posts |