fbpixel

Washington Monument Abstract


Posted by Jeff Pearl on Mon May 27, 2019 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Image
Washington Monument near Boonsboro MD with abstract edits using Topaz.
Sony A7-3 w Sony 24-105 lens
f/8
1/125
ISO-100
Resized to 800x533
Slightly compressed with Squoosh

User avatar
Posted by:
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Location: Lovettsville, VA
Member #:02142
Posts: 168
Joined: 05 Nov 2017

   

by Ron Day on Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 pm
User avatar
Ron Day
Moderator
Posts: 12559
Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Member #:00819
The treatment provides a ghostly, almost other worldly appearance to the monument, Jeff. It is a very creative image which makes me wonder if you have captured Washington’s spirit within the abstract.
 

by Jeff Pearl on Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 am
User avatar
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Posts: 168
Joined: 05 Nov 2017
Location: Lovettsville, VA
Member #:02142
Ron Day wrote:
The treatment provides a ghostly, almost other worldly appearance to the monument, Jeff. It is a very creative image which makes me wonder if you have captured Washington’s spirit within the abstract.

Thanks Ron. I wasn't sure what I was going for when i started, but I like it for the most part.
 

by Carol Clarke on Tue May 28, 2019 3:11 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 59994
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Ron's thoughts are exactly in tune with mine when viewing this scene, Jeff. I too can see from your creation the aura present at this monument, suggesting an ethereal spirit connection........

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue May 28, 2019 3:37 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 13358
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Marvelous ghostly effect, Jeff. I can only echo what Ron and Carol have said-a very spiritual experience viewing this.
A lovely and creative vision.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Jeff Pearl on Wed May 29, 2019 6:22 pm
User avatar
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Posts: 168
Joined: 05 Nov 2017
Location: Lovettsville, VA
Member #:02142
Carol Clarke wrote:
Ron's thoughts are exactly in tune with mine when viewing this scene, Jeff.  I too can see from your creation the aura present at this monument, suggesting an ethereal spirit connection........

Carol.


Thanks Carol!
 

by Jeff Pearl on Wed May 29, 2019 6:23 pm
User avatar
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Posts: 168
Joined: 05 Nov 2017
Location: Lovettsville, VA
Member #:02142
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Marvelous ghostly effect, Jeff. I can only echo what Ron and Carol have said-a very spiritual experience viewing this.
A lovely and creative vision.


Thanks Cynthia!
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
7 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group