Moulton Barn

Posted by Sandy R-B on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
I used  pencil-sketch software on this image of a well-known Moulton Barn on Mormon Row in the Tetons.

original imge:
2007:02:14 10:08:56
D300s
55mm
1/100 sec, f/16
Mode: Tv
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +2/3
ISO: 200
White balance: Flash
Flash: Off

Posted by:
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Interesting high key interpretation, Sandy. I like the textures and colors-very clean and serene. I assume this is a snow scene? It's nice to let the imagination interpret that-just curious. The tall trees on the left are "floating" a bit, for instance, so one has to assume a snow line there. Very pretty!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:10 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Converting a photograph to a sketch can be a daunting task, but you have done it successfully here. It seems the less one has in the frame, the more successful the sketch, at least in my experience. And you have accomplished exactly that with the snow - simplicity. The old fence is a great compositional element leading the eye into the frame and near the old barn. My favorite aspect of this image is the snow which appears to have been blown onto the face of the fence posts and the roof of the old barn - signifying a recent winter storm.  Cindy's point on a snow line for the trees is a good one. A very well done, artistic sketch, Sandy.

by swanuck on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:54 pm
swanuck
Forum Contributor
nice high key

4 posts |