Moderator: Carolyn E. Wright

All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by tom walker on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:23 pm
tom walker
Forum Contributor
Has anyone used Hill and Usher for equipment insurance? 

How about the ProPhotographer's Insurance offered by RVNuccio? they have a very reasonable policy, a third of what Chubb through Nanpa costs.

Thank you.

by Carolyn E. Wright on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:54 pm
Carolyn E. Wright
Member #:00282
I recently changed policies to go with one that has a much better price. Contact Howard Burkholz at 801-451-8880 or hburkholz@allstate.com. Check more here: http://www.nationalphotographersinsurance.com/
Carolyn E. Wright, Esq.
Lawyer for Photographers and NSN Moderator
Photo Attorney® at www.photoattorney.com

by tom walker on Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm
tom walker
Forum Contributor
Thank you, Carolyn. I appreciate the contact.

by Richard B. on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Couple of quick thoughts on this. The NPI website seems to be aimed only at commercial photographers - either "full time or part time". It offers business property, loss of income, and business liability coverage. I don't know if the OP is a professional or not but if you look at this offering just confirm with them that you are eligible under their definition of professional photographer. I suspect an amateur, however defined, is not eligible. Many homeowner policies can be endorsed to provide appropriate camera coverage for the amateur. There are potential negatives to doing that however. Also I did a very quick look at the website to try to see what insurance company (not the agency) is offering this product. I didn't see a name, but based on one of the email addresses I would guess that it is Allstate.

I am not familiar with the Nanpa offering so it may very well be the same type of business policy. However expensive, and they are, Chubb is great when it comes to claim time.

Richard

4 posts |