All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Brian Stirling on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:02 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
It looks like B&H has some issues with there warehouse and backroom help.  I saw this linked on a tech website I frequent...

http://www.wnyc.org/story/92977-bh-photo-employees-say-not-everything-picture-perfect/

Feels kind of Walmartish to me...

Brian

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:44 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Moved from the Equipment Forum.  This really has nothing to do with photo equipment. It is more about business practices and legal issues.  The only place that makes sense for this thread is in the Business Topics forum.

by RickEvansTheThird on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:24 pm
RickEvansTheThird
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Moved from the Equipment Forum.  This really has nothing to do with photo equipment. It is more about business practices and legal issues.  The only place that makes sense for this thread is in the Business Topics forum.

It also doesn't have any real information in it, it just mentions hearsay of a few disgruntled former employees who can't see beyond their co-workers' ethnicity and gender.

Remain Wild,
Rick Evans

by Brian Stirling on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:01 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
The more recent info is perhaps 'he said she said', but they did pay out $4.3M for a passed issue so I don't know that I'd dismiss this out of hand.  

I've been to the 34th street location perhaps a dozen times since about 2002 and it is a madhouse with large numbers of people.  In fact, if I'm any where near the location when I'm in NYC it's hard to not go there just to walk around.

I do hope the story is blown out of proportion, but given the evolving standards of business in the last few decades I would not be shocked to discover the stories are true.  Of course, if this story is true what is someone with morality to do?  How do we know the next guys isn't as bad or worse.

Anyway, I saw the story and figured I'd mention it here...

Brian

by jclguru on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:00 am
jclguru
Forum Contributor
Plus, this story is 5 years old.

Might've been better to link to the unionize story instead.

Doug

5 posts | 

People Who Like This: