Moderator: Carolyn E. Wright

All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Andre Silva on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:00 pm
Andre Silva
Forum Contributor
Hello everybody! My name is Andre Silva and I am a hobbyst wildlife photographer from Brazil.

Although I read a lot here, this is probably my second post. I'd really like your help to give some directions how to approach this matter. A friend of mine discovered a writter that, on her facebook page, posts pictures of birds that she has no credit for but for the common user appears like hers. And as she promotes her books on her page, everything gets mixed up. She gives no credit or links to where she took the picture from. I am still searching to see how many photos she "stolen" from me, until now it was one used twice. I will not post links here because I don't know if it will violate any rules. If it is OK I can do it later.

What I'd like to know is, what should I do? It looks like, by the thousands and thousands of pictures she posts that she is gathering photos everywhere and using them. Oh, and I have 3 more friends that found out "stolen" pictures too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Andre

by Carolyn E. Wright on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:23 pm
Carolyn E. Wright
Member #:00282
Follow the instructions here:  https://www.facebook.com/help/325058084212425
to make a copyright infringement complaint for content on Facebook to get it taken down.

Carolyn
Carolyn E. Wright, Esq.
Lawyer for Photographers and NSN Moderator
Photo Attorney® at www.photoattorney.com

by Andre Silva on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:07 pm
Andre Silva
Forum Contributor
Carolyn E. Wright wrote:
Follow the instructions here:  https://www.facebook.com/help/325058084212425
to make a copyright infringement complaint for content on Facebook to get it taken down.

Carolyn

Carolyn, thanks for your reply. I did that and the pictures were removed. I just hope that Facebook team spend sometime and look at all the other pictures that she made have used too. 

Best Regards!

Andre

3 posts | 

People Who Like This: