Pitta Sordida - Borneo

Posted by colaleog on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
This individual belongs to a family that is generally quite difficult to observe. But at night they choose a place in the density of the jungle to sleep. This was done on a branch 3 meters high while the mosquitoes organized a party around their eyes and legs. If they have a way to get close to your face, they will be able to see how they suck the cleared areas of plumage. My guide had commented on having found an individual covering his face with his half-open wing in the best "Batman" style to avoid the insatiable attack of mosquitoes.

canon d7 mark II, canon 300 mm is 2,8 , multip 1-4, flash de relleno en manul position 1/32 , tripode y cabezal monfrotto , cable disparador
iso 1600 , f 4,5 , 1/60

Posted by:
colaleog
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:45 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Great find under the circumstances, Gerardo. I'm pleased with the glint of catchlight in the eyes. Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

by Isaac Grant on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:12 pm
Isaac Grant
Forum Contributor
Hooded Pittas (I know they have all been split now) are such beautiful birds. Still have not seen one despite many hours trying to find them in Vietnam and Thailand. Most pittas are super hard to get in the open in the light so you have done well considering the conditions.

3 posts |