« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Tara Woodfin on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:19 am
Tara Woodfin
Member Services
Member #:00666
Greetings from the NSN office!

After nearly a year of planning, organizing and endless hours of work we are pleased to announce that we are launching a NEW NatureScapes store today. This redesign of our store was motivated by our need to have a mobile friendly platform for our customers. Only the store design is affected, so you will not see a change on the forums, articles or portfolios.

What you will see is a new design of our store. You can use the top navigation bar to move throughout the store, just as you do when you navigate through the forums. The store is easier to use, easier to see options such as sizing and colors for applicable items and best of all, It's Mobile!

If you haven't signed into the store since this latest re-design, you will need to reset your password before signing in. Please click the Forgot your password? link above to reset your password using the email address you registered with.

For those of you who used our Rewards program: No need to worry about lost rewards.  If you had a rewards balance, we have entered those into your account as a credit. When you log in, you can see how much of a credit is on your account and you can easily use this credit toward your purchase.

We are hoping for a smooth opening of the new store but if you experience any issues with your store account and need assistance, we are always here to help.

Feel free to browse the new store today and let us know what you think!
Tara Woodfin
NatureScapes.Net
Operations Manager
www.naturescapes.net/store
email: tara@naturescapes.net
888-667-0559 (toll free)
410-239-8025 (international)

by ChrisRoss on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:12 am
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
be nice to have the option to refine the view an additional step, for example, Tripods and supports you refine to tripods legs and kits. Then you still have 3-4 pages to scroll through. So if I wanted to lookup Gitzo tripods I can't further refine by brand. I thought that capability was there before?
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by Greg Downing on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:33 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Chris,

Thanks for the feedback - the categories and navigation capabilities remain pretty much the same as they were previously at the moment. You can shop by brand or category etc but not a combination of both at this time. We will be adding more navigation functionality in the near future now that we have a good foundation in this new system. The easiest way to find what you're looking for at this time is to use the search function.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Tom Reichner on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:19 am
Tom Reichner
Forum Contributor
I have a question about how the store is stocked. Does the NatureScapes Store actually have the items that they sell on hand, in a physical inventory at their own location that is staffed and managed by NSN employees?

Or, does the NatureScapes Store not actually have the items physically in their possession, and only act as an order taker/order processor for warehouses/wholesalers that are separate companies?

The reason I ask is because sometimes when one is considering a piece of equipment, they will have specific questions about the gear, the answers to which cannot be found by any means other than someone actually going into their inventory and personally examining or measuring a piece of gear first hand. For example, if, before buying a tripod, I need to know the exact diameter of the "knuckle" between the lowest leg segment and the second to lowest leg segment, I would need someone from the NSN Store to go out and take a pair of calipers to the twist-loc knuckle so that they can tell me what the exact diameter is.

If a store only acts as an order processor, and does not have the items physically at a location that is staffed by their own personnel, then answering these types of questions about items is either impossible or it will take far too long to get an answer back to the customer.

So I'd like to know if the NatureScapes Store actually has in their possession all of the items that they sell (the way stores did in the "olden days").
Wildlife photographed in the wild

http://www.tomreichner.com/Wildlife

by Greg Downing on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:26 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Hey Tom - I am so sorry I missed this post. I had not subscribed to this thread.

We do in fact stock and ship everything directly from our own warehouse stock; every item we sell.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

5 posts |