f/7.1, s-1/100, ISO-200

Posted by:
Sougata De
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:46 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love the side light through the trees, and the nice depth of your composition.  Its when they're standing in the middle of the track and won't move........ or when a huge bull is galloping after your jeep along a forest track trying to tip you over, that I get worried! - yes, that has happened to me.  :(

This one looks like it has excellent manners!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Sougata De on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:39 am
Sougata De
Forum Contributor
Carol, it just waited and watched us for 30 seconds or so and then charged us full steam. We were going in the reverse gear and could not match it's pace. Ultimately the forest guard had to fire in the air to stop it from chasing us. A hair raising experience !

by Carol Clarke on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Sougata De wrote:Carol, it just waited and watched us for 30 seconds or so and then charged us full steam. We were going in the reverse gear and could not match it's pace. Ultimately the forest guard had to fire in the air to stop it from chasing us. A hair raising experience !
I do sympathise with you then! at least we were not in reverse gear but it was a very twisted forest track so the driver couldn't go too fast around all the corners - but the elephant was going full steam ahead and his very large tusks were too close for comfort.   Our driver and guide didn't have a gun to make a sound - although we were making quite a lot of noise!  Our driver kept trying to see over his shoulder and shouting '' has he stopped''  - I was shouting at him, ''you watch the road ahead and I'll watch the elephant!''  After several hair raising minutes and cornering on two wheels, we finally managed to outrun him and when we were able to stop we had hearts pounding.   Someone was definitely watching over us that day.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Sougata De on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 am
Sougata De
Forum Contributor
They are the undisputed kings of their territories!

by Cindy Marple on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
They generally seem like such docile animals, but they clearly rule the roads! I've only been bluff-charged, thankfully, but when they are close and you see their size and power it is very impressive. The sidelight here adds nicely to the image.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

6 posts |