Downtown Bugler

Posted by David J. Bogener on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Gardiner Montana
I found this bull in or very near downtown Gardiner every day.  7D, 500/F4+1.4, F8, 1/400, ISO 800, beanbag.  Not sure if this crop works?  Thanks for any comments or suggestions, Dave

Posted by:
David J. Bogener
Forum Contributor
Member #:00763

by Carol Clarke on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:25 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
The conventional advice would be to take a strip off the right side to place him off centre but I rather like the patch of darker brush that would be lost if the frame was cut - so I have to say I do like this as it is Dave. Clicking on the image is well worth it to see this shot at its best.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by stevenmajor on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:11 am
stevenmajor
Forum Contributor
The image does not work because the position of the head and rack is such that their shapes and details are not being seen to their best advantage, or any advantage. As well, stump legs lack luster.
Many very nice images on your web site ( bird behavior, wood duck, coyote peaking through tree, great stuff), this file...ouch.

by Ed Cordes on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Interesting. I would crop off the right just to the edge of the bush. I might also darken the field bushes a bit.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by john on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:30 am
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
I don't mind the postion here and like the flowers and pose he's in.  I too would darken the grasses and flowers and the elk appears to have a bit of a magenta in him??  I just calibrated my monitor so I'm assuming its real?  NIce shot.

by D. Robert Franz on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:49 pm
D. Robert Franz
Forum Contributor
Unusual looking bull.. A real flat set of antlers..... Not fond of bulls eyed comps so I would have tired for several different positions in the frame and seen what would have worked best... Vegetation seems a bit light, easily taken care of in PP. Love the bugle here.. The blooming rabbitbrush is an nice touch!
Upcoming Photo Tours: "Bald Eagles of Alaska"  "Winter in Yellowstone"

Instagram #d.robertfranz

6 posts |