Curves and Stripes

Posted by Georgina Salup on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:47 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Zebras are masterpiecs of natura, and the position of this Zebra (captive)caught my attention by the curves formed. I used my longest lens 400mm with a Nikon D100. All comments are welcome!
Georgina

Posted by:
Georgina Salup
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:56 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A different perspective on a Zebra Georgina!! 8)

Again, you have posted an image with no tech's so I can only comment in general terms. :? All your shots I have seen so far appear soft or out of focus and I am beginning to wonder if you are shooting handheld and experiencing camera shake? or having trouble with getting the subject in focus before shooting? Without the detail it is hard to say. :?
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by ebkw on Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
ebkw
Forum Contributor
I like the patterns and curves you have captured here, Georgina!! I find the background is pretty busy though.
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

by NDCheryl on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:49 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Interesting curves for sure. I too find the BG busy and the rump somewhat distracting as the whites are a little hot and the focus a bit soft in the rear. I cannot tell if your image is soft overall or perhaps just needing more DOF. As Carol mentioned, posting your techs, SS, f-stop handheld vs tripod would enable us to give a more helpful critique. thanks for posting.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

by AForns on Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:19 pm
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Georgina the zebra position is Great!!! The whites are a little over and the bg distracting I think we can go after this one again!!!

Carol's idea of the tripod is a good one. Next outing will let you try my light Carbon Gitzo see how you do with it weight wise or we can try the monopod. I have one for traveling that is very light!!! 8)
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

5 posts |