http://www.harveyedelman.com

Posted by:
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor

by Ken Cravillion on Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:59 am
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
This is creepy. I feel like I'm running thru the forest.
Ken Cravillion

by Jenny Ellerbe on Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:10 pm
Jenny Ellerbe
Forum Contributor
Harvey, I like the zoom and the b/w treatment of this scene. Maybe a tad less blur on the bench to make it look solid while the rest of the image is blurred would work also. Since I have never tried this effect, I don't know how difficult that would be ... or even if its possible. Nice work.
Jenny Ellerbe
Louisiana
http://www.jennyellerbe.com

by Kerry on Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:07 pm
Kerry
Forum Contributor
Ah...here it is.
Jenny Ellerbe wrote:Harvey, I like the zoom and the b/w treatment of this scene. Maybe a tad less blur on the bench to make it look solid while the rest of the image is blurred would work also.
Well that's interesting...my initial thought is identical to Jenny's. I haven't played around with this technique either, but if it would be possible to keep the prime focus area sharp while incorporating the blur around it, I think this would really jump off the screen (which it kind of does already). If this can't be done with one image, I'll bet it could be done by combining two in PS (he said, without actually having tried it himself :roll: ).

--Kerry

by Harvey Edelman on Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
Kerry wrote:Ah...here it is.

, but if it would be possible to keep the prime focus area sharp while incorporating the blur around it, I--Kerry
The degree, direction, intensity and all nuance s of the blur can be custom tailored to suit ones taste. I'm just starting to play with this particular filter and haven't explored fully what can be done. TX to you and Jenny for your input.

BTW...I've found that in all photo communities (I use the word community tongue in cheek) there's always a cadre of posters who post their own photos and never comment on any of the other images. Is has often occured to me that those who post and give nothing back are asking me to perform a sevice for them and in that case, I generally get paid for services rendered in the real world.

After close to 1250 posts and comments I've just cut down dramatically on my comments for that reason.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

by Bill Whala on Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:00 pm
Bill Whala
Forum Contributor
Harvey,

This is freakin' awesome!!! It looks like the album covers from '60's and 70's heavy metal bands - and I mean that in a good way. :)

I really like this kind of photography. Post more if you've got them.
Bill Whala

"Aves of similar plumage tend to converge with one another"

by robert hasty on Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:26 pm
robert hasty
Forum Contributor
This is pretty creepy, but also pretty cool. I love the bench in the middle here. The B@W i think is what really makes this sing though, i feel like im looking thru a monsters eyes :shock:

One thing to keep in mind to Harvey, i like to do these zooms also and find that if you crop a zoomed image at a certain point (depending on subject) It will give the image a whole different look and affect. Just thought id throw that at ya for future zooms! I like it!!

robert...........
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

by thapamd on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:28 am
thapamd
Regional Moderator
Member #:00084
Great effect, Harvey...I've used it on a few occasions also.
Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap, but memories are priceless.

Mahesh (NSN 0084)

http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com

by Mary Dennis on Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:00 am
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor
This image creates a panic feeling in me Harvey. I am afraid of that park bench! :shock: :shock: Something is gonna happen if I go and sit there.... Not too many images evoke that kind of sensation in me so I think this is pretty successful.
Mary
NSN 0123

by Carol Clarke on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:03 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
We go away for a few days and come back to find you have gone all gothic and scary!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Definitely gives a creepy feeling to this one Harvey.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Laura Stiefel on Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:37 pm
Laura Stiefel
Lifetime Member
Member #:00229
The blurring really does lend a spooky look to this image- almost as if the viewer is running from something at great speed.
Laura Stiefel
[b]NSN 0229[/b]

11 posts |