fbpixel

Stearman Biplane

Posted by drewkleine on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Here's a fun one from this summer. My home town holds one of the largest Stearman biplane gatherings in the country every year. I managed to book an aerobatic specific flight during the week long festival. I was lucky enough to get a clear window of good weather and spent a half hour keeping my breakfast down while shooting photos! Hope you like it!

5D Mrk IV
8-15mm L Fisheye @15mm
f/8
1/8000
iso 6400

Posted by:
drewkleine
Forum Contributor
Member #:02129

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:56 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Whoa! Makes me kind of dizzy just to look at it! I can well imagine your experience from up there. I love how you can see the landscape through this colorful structure-are you at a sideways tilt? An amazing photo-must have been an amazing trip. Such an interesting and exciting photo!! Thanks for sharing.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:31 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Very nice, just a bit past 90 (or just a bit shy of 270 degrees :) ) degrees in an aileron roll :)

by drewkleine on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:58 am
drewkleine
Forum Contributor
Member #:02129
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Whoa! Makes me kind of dizzy just to look at it!  I can well imagine your experience from up there. I love how you can see the landscape through this colorful structure-are you at a sideways tilt?  An amazing photo-must have been an amazing trip. Such an interesting and exciting photo!! Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia, Yes! This is taken just as the plane was inverting in a roll, as E.J. mentioned above. Being in an open cockpit was such a crazy experience doing these types of maneuvers! Thanks for the kind words

by Carol Clarke on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Doing a roll is one thing............in an open cockpit?  I'll give that one a miss, Drew!   :D

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

5 posts |