Learning Anew

Posted by amc717 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Trying out a new and lighter system.

Went out yesterday to try to learn the intricacies of my new toy.

Was lucky enough that the rain shower stopped and this view presented itself to me.

Had lots of fun taking this photo.

Posted by:
amc717
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Looks great and a unique view of the Marina Bay area from Gardens by the Bay - love the way the fountain's colors add depth and life to the image.  What is the new lighter system?

by amc717 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 am
amc717
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Looks great and a unique view of the Marina Bay area from Gardens by the Bay - love the way the fountain's colors add depth and life to the image.  What is the new lighter system?

Thanks EJ.

Trying out the Fuji X-T2. I've been shooting with the Canon 5D Mark III for the longest.  And its been getting too heavy for me to carry around.

Trying to learn the dials and other quirks of Fuji.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:29 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
amc717 wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:Looks great and a unique view of the Marina Bay area from Gardens by the Bay - love the way the fountain's colors add depth and life to the image.  What is the new lighter system?

Thanks EJ.

Trying out the Fuji X-T2. I've been shooting with the Canon 5D Mark III for the longest.  And its been getting too heavy for me to carry around.

Even though it's a smaller sensor, I think you will find the X-T2 to give you superior results to the 5D3, especially in high dynamic range situations like this.  And if you use a non-Adobe RAW converter, even more so.  Adobe still has not fully figured out how to maximize quality out of the X-trans array.

by amc717 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 pm
amc717
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
amc717 wrote:

Thanks EJ.

Even though it's a smaller sensor, I think you will find the X-T2 to give you superior results to the 5D3, especially in high dynamic range situations like this.  And if you use a non-Adobe RAW converter, even more so.  Adobe still has not fully figured out how to maximize quality out of the X-trans array.

I am finding the X-T2 very capable and more.  I have been looking for an alternative to Adobe...not a big fan of cloud service, any recommendations? Would appreciate it.

by Ron Day on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:42 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Beautiful design and color!

by amc717 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm
amc717
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Beautiful design and color!

Thanks Ron.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:07 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
amc717 wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:
amc717 wrote:

Thanks EJ.

I am finding the X-T2 very capable and more.  I have been looking for an alternative to Adobe...not a big fan of cloud service, any recommendations? Would appreciate it.
Capture One Pro offers the best RAW conversion for the Sony sensor with Fuji X-trans color array.

by amc717 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:13 pm
amc717
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
amc717 wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:
amc717 wrote:

Thanks EJ.

Capture One Pro offers the best RAW conversion for the Sony sensor with Fuji X-trans color array.
Thanks EJ was actually looking at that.

9 posts |