Old Shed

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
An old storage shed at Rancho las Golondrinas near Santa Fe. Slight vignetting added for effect. Infrared image shot with A Sony DSC-H50, f2.8@1/30 sec., -2EV, 900nm cutoff infrared filter.
Copyright Joe A. Roybal
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by wojpen on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 am
wojpen
Forum Contributor
Hi Joe,
Do you want to plunge the people in the complex? :D     - As always at your beautiful shot.

PS DSCH50 - processed? or IR filter only?

Regards Wojtek

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
wojpen wrote:Hi Joe,
Do you want to plunge the people in the complex? :D     - As always at your beautiful shot.

Regards Wojtek
Thanks for your comments. The infrared images I have been posting are lightly processed. The image comes out of the camera with a slight color cast, even though the camera is set for B&W and the filter I use (900nm cutoff) blocks out the color. I desaturate to return to B&W, sharpen slightly and adjust contrast. The camera used must be sensitive to infrared light. Many cameras can be modified by removing the IR block filter from in front of the sensor. The Sony I use a lot has "Nightshot" mode and removes the filter when in that mode.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by wojpen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 am
wojpen
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:
wojpen wrote:Hi Joe,

Regards Wojtek
Thanks for your comments. The infrared images I have been posting are lightly processed. The image comes out of the camera with a slight color cast, even though the camera is set for B&W and the filter I use (900nm cutoff) blocks out the color. I desaturate to return to B&W, sharpen slightly and adjust contrast. The camera used must be sensitive to infrared light. Many cameras can be modified by removing the IR block filter from in front of the sensor. The Sony I use a lot has "Nightshot" mode and removes the filter when in that mode.

Joe
Hi Joe
thank you very much for the tips.
It only remains to find the filter ...
Thanks  Wojtek

by night86mare on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 am
night86mare
Forum Contributor
Beautiful IR photograph. The IR really makes the foliage pop, making for a very compelling BnW here.
WK
Gallery | FB | 500px

"We photograph to drive things out of our minds."

by Gary Briney on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:01 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Superb old west character enhanced by IR Joe -- interesting that the wash tub, ladder and antlers on the shed have survived all these years. Terrific image!!!
G. Briney

6 posts |