Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:20 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Well, I feel like a big ole dummy.  I just found out that ACR & Bridge CC are free.  Did not realize that.  My question:  Can I use a new version of Bridge & ACR and still open the image into CS6?

I use Capture One Pro 20 for probably 90% of my RAW conversions, but there are times when I will still use ACR and would love to upgrade if I can still open up into CS6.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Richard B. on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:53 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Bill Chambers wrote:Well, I feel like a big ole dummy.  I just found out that ACR & Bridge CC are free.  Did not realize that.  My question:  Can I use a new version of Bridge & ACR and still open the image into CS6?

I use Capture One Pro 20 for probably 90% of my RAW conversions, but there are times when I will still use ACR and would love to upgrade if I can still open up into CS6.

Well, if that is true, then you are not the only one that feels like a big old dummy. I'm in that club. I would imagine if you save the file as a tiff or dng, then you could open it in PS6, maybe even as a PS file.

Can you point to a reference for a current version of ACR & Bridge as free?

Thanks.

Richard

by Richard B. on Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:02 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Well, I just found a quick link stating that indeed Bridge is free as Adobe treats it as a separate product now. They still of course recommend Lightroom. Anyway here is a link. Doesn't specifically mention anything about ACR however. That feature being free seems too good to be true.

https://prodesigntools.com/free-adobe-bridge-cc.html

by aolander on Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 am
aolander
Forum Contributor
ACR is free but different versions only work with certain versions of PS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/c ... tions.html
Alan Olander
Minnesota

by David Bostock on Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:50 pm
David Bostock
Forum Contributor
FWIW, if you go for this, try sticking with Bridge 2019. It's quite stable. Bridge 2020 has been very buggy from the beginning and they still don't have it all ironed out...You should be able to open a processed Tiff mage in CS6 with no problems; just process it in ACR and save as a Tiff...

by Bill Chambers on Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:09 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks all. Sorry I've been absent for a few days, but I discovered that CS6 cannot use the most current version of ACR, at least if I'm reading it correctly. Here is the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/c ... ain_Note_5

Please let me know if I'm reading this correctly.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

6 posts |