Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:49 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
I use eM Client for my email program (the free version).  They came out with an upgrade in the last week or so and I clicked OK.  Well, in the process of upgrading, it wiped out ALL of my contacts, my email organization tree, and all the emails stored within them.  Thankfully, I have a backup of the data, but I don't know where the email data is kept within the back-up files.  Does anyone know what extensions email contacts use, or how I can find where they're located on my back-up file.  I use Synctoy for back-up, Windows 7 Pro, again eM Client for my email program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:45 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
If I need to find a file that is "hidden", I use the search bar at the top of the screen to search the drive. Just try typing in "eM Client" when your backup drive is attached and see if it doesn't pop up somewhere.
Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Bill Chambers on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thank you Joe.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

Something else to try, if you're using Chrome, IE or Safari. Either switch to Firefox or clear your current browser's cache/history, then close and reopen your browser and see if your contact list is back. Chrome, IE and Safari have a memory problem that may be causing your issue.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

4 posts |