Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by MPC on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:24 pm
MPC
Forum Contributor
I have been having beach balling issues. So I upgraded the OS to Sierra thinking that would help. But it has not still the same. I did an EtreCheck and said it passed. But it did say on a couple of things that I had insufficient RAM, which is 4GB's. And I am reading that its not upgradeable. I have over 200Gb of space on 251 HD. So is there anything else I can do? I have also noticed that now the web pages are very slow loading.

Heading to Europe Friday and do not have enough time to purchase. 
[color=#000040][b]Michael P. Centanni[/b][/color]
[url]http://www.mpcentanni.com/[/url]

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:35 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I wish Apple wouldn't allow OS upgrades on systems that simply were never designed for them. That machine simply should not have been upgraded beyond Snow Leopard to run smoothly. Both the processor and the amount of RAM left after the OS loads is completely inadequate for today's computing environments.

About the only thing you can do is make sure you aren't running any unnecessary programs that are loading during boot-up, making sure that Adobe Bridge isn't set to run in the background (see Preferences and turn off the load at start-up option), making sure Adobe Acrobat reader isn't loading at start-up - by default it does and just doing everything possible to make sure that no memory is being used by anything other than the OS and don't try to run more than a single application at any given time.

by MPC on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:55 am
MPC
Forum Contributor
Thanks EJ! It seems a little better. Wish I knew about Leopard I would had stayed there.
[color=#000040][b]Michael P. Centanni[/b][/color]
[url]http://www.mpcentanni.com/[/url]

3 posts |