Moderators: Greg Downing, E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:13 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Too many visitors will deteriorate this place, along with possible fracking in the area. The reason I encourage this community to go is that I think we are not the destructive kind and it could be lost before too long.

Bisti Badlands

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Bruce Sherman on Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 pm
Bruce Sherman
Forum Contributor
I have been to Bisti Badlands and found it to be very interesting and very photogenic. The few hours before sundown are the best time.

The last time I visited I got two flat tires and only had one spare. It was a long story but I won't tell the details. The reason I got the two flats - both within about 5 seconds, is that I was lured into what I thought a very nice spot for a photo. I drove through a gate in a barbed wire fence, not realizing that there were two stubs of old steel fence posts sticking up. A sound I never want to hear again, two tires losing air quickly and becoming flat within about 5 seconds.

by WDCarrier on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
It won't take long. Just read some reports on photographing in Antelope Canyon these days.  Sounds like a trip to Disney World in June would be more pristine.  Glad I walked the canyon in 1968 (but without a camera...darn!)  These days I'm beginning to believe Pogo was right on.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by Alan Melle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
WDCarrier wrote:
 These days I'm beginning to believe Pogo was right on.

I agree, Pogo was right!
Alan Melle
NSN0041

4 posts |