Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
by scottleslie on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 am
scottleslie
Forum Contributor
www.scottlesliephoto.com Thanks for looking!

by Greg Basco on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 pm
Greg Basco
Forum Contributor
Member #:01519
Looks very nice, Scott. Congrats on a nice design and some great imagery.

Cheers,
Greg

by scottleslie on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm
scottleslie
Forum Contributor
Thanks Greg!

by Connor Stefanison on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:06 am
Connor Stefanison
NANPA Scholar
looks great! nice work

by john on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:14 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
Hi Scott,
Just had a look at your site. I like the nice clean design. I am finding the pages rather slow loading...not sure if that's because of your hit counter?? I am on cable internet so speed is not a problem with other sites. Also there is no way to get at larger images in your galleries to view them. otherwise nice job.

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Scott

Looks really nice- beautiful work as well. The gallery did take a few moments to download. I've just gone from dial-up to really fast satellite, so I'm not a good judge of speed...but I am not expecting lightning speeds either. ( :mrgreen: ). Perhaps most people do.

I am just starting a site with Photocrati- and I'm new to WordPress, so it's kind of a steep learning curve, but i like what they have to offer. Are you going to do a shopping cart?
If you feel like it, I'd love to hear about your experience setting up this site.

Thanks for sharing!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:00 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Great job Scott! Right up front. You did a fine job of presenting yourself and your work.

You have brought me back 30 years to those days when I loved being on the floor of the woods, with my old Minolta and shooting nature’s small excitements.....MACRO! Your spider shots from the side look outstanding. I am motivated again !

by Andrew Kandel on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 am
Andrew Kandel
Forum Contributor
Nicely done, Scott. Fantastic images to greet the new arrival and for me everything loaded fast. The two changes I'd recommend would be to put the "Galleries" tab further to left, maybe after "About" and "Home" as that is where most people will immediately click on. I'd also make your watermark smaller. For me it's a little overwhelming and takes a little bit away from your amazing images. However, I know everybody has different comfort levels in regards to image security.

Andrew
[url=http://www.andrewkandel.com/]Website[/url] - [url=http://wherebuffaloroam.wordpress.com/]Blog[/url] - [url=https://plus.google.com/112207995176022333771/posts]Google+[/url]

by scottleslie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 pm
scottleslie
Forum Contributor
Thanks all. Suggestions duly noted!

by James Vellozzi on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:09 pm
James Vellozzi
Forum Contributor
Looks Great Scott..
Who built it for you? I am interested in updating mine.. but have no idea who to ask or hire..
thanks
James
James Vellozzi
www.jamesvellozzi.com

by Marshall Black on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:23 pm
Marshall Black
Lifetime Member
Member #:00417
Nice work.
Did find something that you might want to fix though. If you select the landscape gallery from the navigation bar, you are viewing 4 gallery indexes, two of the landscape galleries are number 3, number one is not there. Guess that will be an easy fix.
If you just click the galleries tab on the nav bar it takes you to a blank page, maybe insert photo links to the other gallery sections there?
Also, if you click on a photo within a gallery, then press backspace, you are taken back to the main gallery page, rather than returning to the gallery you were looking at. I realise not everyone uses backspace, but I do quite a lot, must be others too.
For me I found there were just too many images in each gallery. Choosing one to click on was slightly overwhelming, making me change my mind which to go for. Just a personal thing I guess.
Other than that, it seems very nice presentation of some very good work.
Loading was fine for me on wifi.
Agree with the tab order for navigation, home, about, then galleries.
Cheers
Marshall

by Mike Danzenbaker on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm
Mike Danzenbaker
Lifetime Member
Member #:00559
Marshall Black wrote:... Also, if you click on a photo within a gallery, then press backspace, you are taken back to the main gallery page, rather than returning to the gallery you were looking at. I realise not everyone uses backspace, but I do quite a lot, must be others too.
I found this inconvenient also.

I may be coming from a different slant than everyone else, but I found the lack of subject identification, time of year and location left me in the dark.

The quality of the photos is excellent, with great visual impact.
"Animal instinct is more amazing than human ingenuity."

Mike
http://www.avesphoto.com

12 posts |