Under Momma's watchful eye

Posted by Jerry Gowins on Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
While I enjoyed watching these fox and visiting with Michael Dossett last night, the parents busted us in the camo blind (next time we use a blind that looks like a car, right Michael?) and wouldn't come any closer than about 60 yards away. The butt-biting kits that Michael's been photographing didn't come out of the den until we got into our vehicles. By then it was too dark to shoot, but we enjoyed watching them from about 20 yards away for several minutes.

This is the only shot I salvaged (okay, NOW I know why I need a 600mm), and it is a severe crop from full frame. But still, I love these little creatures and truly had the pleasure of good company and enough fox sightings to make the evening a success.

Canon 20D, 100-400 L IS @ 400mm

Jerry
[b]NSN Member 0456[/b]
[url]http://www.carpe-lumen.net[/url]

Posted by:
Jerry Gowins
Forum Contributor

by AForns on Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:14 am
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Jerry you came away with a wonderful image !!! Love the way the light is hitting the fox!!!! 8) The shadows enhance the image and does have a great feel!!! 8) 8) 8) Excellent Jerry!!!! 8)

.... btw I can't really tell but... is that animal sticking her tongue out at you :shock: 8)
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

by john on Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:57 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
Good salvage in nice light!

by Jerry Gowins on Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:23 pm
Jerry Gowins
Forum Contributor
AForns wrote:Jerry you came away with a wonderful image !!! Love the way the light is hitting the fox!!!! 8) The shadows enhance the image and does have a great feel!!! 8) 8) 8) Excellent Jerry!!!! 8)

.... btw I can't really tell but... is that animal sticking her tongue out at you :shock: 8)
Thanks, Al! Yeah, probably. Had I been quicker I may have captured her showing me a "bird". :D
[b]NSN Member 0456[/b]

by Michael Dossett on Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:33 pm
Michael Dossett
Forum Contributor
You posted this after I went away to Seattle with no internet access and so I just now saw it. That pose looks familiar. This must have been after he heard our shutters firing. I've seen the kits the last few days also running into the the den over in the row of trees we drove by, but hopefully they'll stay in the current spot since its a little easier to shoot. I had fun hope you come up again soon :-)

by Jerry Gowins on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:53 pm
Jerry Gowins
Forum Contributor
You KNOW I'd love to!
[b]NSN Member 0456[/b]

6 posts |