All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by Nancy Everds on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:07 am
Nancy Everds
Lifetime Member
Member #:00650
I just got back from a business/vacation trip to India. I flew Lufthansa to Chennai, Air India to Kozikode, and Lufthansa back out of Bangalore. For anyone traveling to India, I wanted to let you know of 2 new (hopefully temporary) baggage rules in effect for the entire country.

For all flights originating in India (international or domestic, all airlines, all airports), officials are allowing only 1 carryon per person. For example, one would not be allowed a carryon plus a laptop case, or a backpack plus a shopping bag. In addition, all batteries not in an electronic device need to be in checked luggage, not carryon.

As you can imagine, this unannounced policy created havoc in every airport that we were in--people unpacking, repacking, rechecking, etc all around the check-in counters!

After an initial moment of panic, we figured out a solution to get all photographic and computer equipment in carryon luggage, and thus fragile equipment made it home without any damage. I wish I could say the same for our everything else. Our clothes, tripods, backpacks, etc, are apparently taking the scenic route back from Bangalore!

Nancy

1 post |