« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by pleverington on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:34 am
pleverington
Forum Contributor
 I guess animal agriculture is what they call it now. I just found this site so have only begun to read some of the links and PDF's, but if anyone does not find them shocking, bewildering, and fearful then what are we all doing here?? How can anyone who claims to love nature turn their backs on the truth, as inconvenient as that may be.....?

http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

Paul

* please do scroll all the way down past  the list of  links ("Additional Notes")and read carefully their points made of the way things are made to "look" good in the UN-FAO report(United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization) by placing into "other" categories  for GHG totals and sources things which are directly resultant from animal agriculture--like deforestation and land used for grazing and feed that was cleared releasing sequestered CO2, but more than that no longer absorbing CO2 as it did when there were forests and fields. This is as I made point of in the other thread--it's not just methane from animals that is producing GHG, there are percentages from every sector from any and every pie chart one wants to site that must be accounted for if one wants to actually see what is going on..

Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:55 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
I watched the video and wish that others would watch and comment on it.   I am tired of writing this stuff while most people on this forum sit quietly in the background and contribute nothing.  You can see it in the number of views, compared to the number of comments.  Thanks Paul.  I am new to this carbon stuff.  

Now I know that the animal-producing industry is far, far exceeding all other sources of air pollution, in addition to the deforestation.

This video is super chilling…..so frightening, so sobering, that one cannot go away from it without knowing that any natural system that is not already locked up….will not survive.  

Corporations are racing each other to de-forest as fast as possible to plant soy crops to feed cattle to feed people, to make profit as fast as they can.

Rain forests are being cleared at a rate of 1 acre per second!

It takes 2500 gallons of water to produce just ONE POUND of beef.

And while you and I are screaming bloody murder and ecosystem destruction, others are thinking about what cut of beef or pork is for supper tonight.

I feel trapped on a planet being over run by a species of parasite that is inexorably destroying the only place i have to live.

It cannot continue. 

Robert King
Topic Locked  

2 posts |