Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Kim on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:09 am
Kim
Forum Contributor
Did you format the card before use in the D4? If not you will need to open the card and search for the specific D4 folder.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:18 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
DO you mean you want to put a card that was shot on a D800 into a D4 and look at the images on the D4 LCD? If so, that is not going to work. The D4 ignores the image D800 image folder. It won't overwrite it but you won't be able to view the images shot with a different model camera.

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:28 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
If you just want to view them and they are already safely backed up, you might try to rename the folders from the D800. This is done on the computer when viewing the folders on the card. For example, if the folder is named 105ND800, try renaming it 105ND4. I used to have to do this with my D200 files to view them on my D700. Just write down the original names so you can rename them in case it doesn't work with your camera.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:10 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
SantaFeJoe wrote:If you just want to view them and they are already safely backed up, you might try to rename the folders from the D800. This is done on the computer when viewing the folders on the card. For example, if the folder is named 105ND800, try renaming it 105ND4. I used to have to do this with my D200 files to view them on my D700. Just write down the original names so you can rename them in case it doesn't work with your camera.

Joe
While it might work, that is completely different than the situation here.  In your situation you were reading lower resolution files on a higher resolution camera. In his he is trying to read higher resolution files on a lower resolution body.

4 posts |