« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 89 posts | 
by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:43 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Could be, but why are you afraid to admit that you bait owls? I'm curious. Very strange to initiate controversial posts and then avoid admitting that you do it yourself.
You never answered why you bait owls.  What are you hiding?  And your friend?  Are you still doing it?  Have you both done it this year?  I haven't.  Out with it Scott.  And last winter were you baiting?  I think I know the answer :-)

Although I don't really care ine way or another what people do, thise who are really into baiting wish threads and discussions like this never happen.  Why?  Because it shines a spotlight on the subject and they'd prefer it go away.  They get enough flack from birders and to see it brought up in forums like this must just remind them of that.  tyat is why they prefer threads like this never existed.  Trying to bully your way thru a thread like this isn't going to make the topic go away.  
Mark is correct, you are a weird duck, and a pompous one at that. You still haven't answered my question. Your comments are so ludicrous I really have to wonder about your mental state. I haven't done any baiting for years, btw. At least I'll admit I've done it, your too afraid to even admit it, continually dodging the question with crazy comments. "Bullying my way thru this thread?" "Hiding"
You've gone off the rails I'm afraid.

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:52 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Could be, but why are you afraid to admit that you bait owls? I'm curious. Very strange to initiate controversial posts and then avoid admitting that you do it yourself.
You never answered why you bait owls.  What are you hiding?  And your friend?  Are you still doing it?  Have you both done it this year?  I haven't.  Out with it Scott.  And last winter were you baiting?  I think I know the answer :-)

Although I don't really care ine way or another what people do, thise who are really into baiting wish threads and discussions like this never happen.  Why?  Because it shines a spotlight on the subject and they'd prefer it go away.  They get enough flack from birders and to see it brought up in forums like this must just remind them of that.  tyat is why they prefer threads like this never existed.  Trying to bully your way thru a thread like this isn't going to make the topic go away.  
Mark is correct, you are a weird duck, and a pompous one at that. You still haven't answered my question. Your comments are so ludicrous I really have to wonder about your mental state. I haven't done any baiting for years, btw. At least I'll admit I've done it, your too afraid to even admit it, continually dodging the question with crazy comments. "Bullying my way thru this thread?" "Hiding"

Bullying your way through this thread and name calling.  Going off the rails, pompous, weird duck?  Start by looking into the mirror ;-)

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:02 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Bullying your way through this thread and name calling.  Going off the rails, pompous, weird duck?  Start by looking into the mirror ;-)
You're the one that starts these threads because you know it is very polarizing and emotional. People get wound up about it, in some circles people call those that do it, "trolls."
You still haven't answered the question about your own baiting habits. Seriously, get help.

Last edited by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:11 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

You're the one that starts these threads because you know it is very polarizing and emotional. People get wound up about it, in some circles people call that do that "trolls."
You still haven't answered the question about your own baiting habits. Seriously, get help.

I'll state what you were saying about me earlier, "don't put words in my mouth".  Trying to assume or speculate as to why someone wants to talk about a particular subject seems to be where your problems stems. You could not be further from the truth.  When I read something interesting like that, I just want to share as it is something that affects us as photographers.  I want to see what other photographers think about it.  But when you assume a motive that is not there, I can see why you get riled up.  Maybe a bit of a hot-head when it comes to certain things?  I don't know. I choose not to return your insult above.   As for me, I am just fine thank you.  You say you do not bait anymore but do you still join in when others are doing it or you want nothing to do with it now? 

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:20 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:

I'll state what you were saying about me earlier, "don't put words in my mouth".  Trying to assume or speculate as to why someone wants to talk about a particular subject seems to be where your problems stems. You could not be further from the truth.  When I read something interesting like that, I just want to share as it is something that affects us as photographers.  I want to see what other photographers think about it.  But when you assume a motive that is not there, I can see why you get riled up.  Maybe a bit of a hot-head when it comes to certain things?  I don't know. I choose not to return your insult above.   As for me, I am just fine thank you.
Well, you set the stage for the great "debait" every year so it certainly appears to be intentional. I'm not in the least riled up btw. This is a topic that has been beaten to death every year.
Tell us about your own experiences with baiting, why won't you talk about it? It's your post after all. Saying you don't take sides on the issue is pretty wishy washy IMO. If you want to debait a topic, you have to pick a side and talk about it. Your just initiating things and sitting on the fence watching the action.

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:25 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

I'll state what you were saying about me earlier, "don't put words in my mouth".  Trying to assume or speculate as to why someone wants to talk about a particular subject seems to be where your problems stems. You could not be further from the truth.  When I read something interesting like that, I just want to share as it is something that affects us as photographers.  I want to see what other photographers think about it.  But when you assume a motive that is not there, I can see why you get riled up.  Maybe a bit of a hot-head when it comes to certain things?  I don't know. I choose not to return your insult above.   As for me, I am just fine thank you.
Well, you set the stage for the great "debait" every year so it certainly appears to be intentional. I'm not in the least riled up btw. This is a topic that has been beaten to death every year.
Tell us about your own experiences with baiting, why won't you talk about it? It's your post after all. Saying you don't take sides on the issue is pretty wishy washy IMO. If you want to debait a topic, you have to pick a side and talk about it. Your just initiating things and sitting on the fence watching the action.

First you don't try and tell others to take a side and how to think and feel.  You brought up the word pompous earlier. Some people see good and bad for both sides.  I have stated numerous times that I see pros and cons on both sides of the debate.  I am always open to new thoughts on the subject.  I prefer not to take sides.  If you bothered to read my thoughts on this instead of ranting away, you'd know.  Why don't you tell us your experience with baiting? 

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:48 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

First you don't try and tell others to take a side and how to think and feel.  You brought up the word pompous earlier. Some people see good and bad for both sides.  I have stated numerous times that I see pros and cons on both sides of the debate.  I am always open to new thoughts on the subject.  I prefer not to take sides.  If you bothered to read my thoughts on this instead of ranting away, you'd know.  Why don't you tell us your experience with baiting? 
Being afraid to take a stance on something isn't usually considered to be a positive. You seem more interested in what others think. Look back a post or so and answer my questions, but I don't think you can, you're too busy hiding your own actions. 
Show some spirit, you started the thread after all. 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:03 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Being afraid to take a stance on something isn't usually considered to be a positive. You seem more interested in what others think. Look back a post or so and answer my questions, but I don't think you can, you're too busy hiding your own actions. 

Not riled?  You are still at it :-)   Is it wrong to hear what others have to say on a matter?  I don't think so.  I have already stated how I feel, many times.  Answer my question if you can.  Show some spirit :-) lol  You are too funny.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:20 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
TOntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Not riled?  You are still at it :-)   Is it wrong to hear what others have to say on a matter?  I don't think so.  I have already stated how I feel, many times.  Answer my question if you can.  Show some spirit :-) lol  You are too funny.
You really are hilarious. You need to grow some. I think this whole conversation is funny. You deflect in order to avoid answering questions posed way back because you're too afraid to take a stance. You obviously feel passionately about the topic since you rehash it constantly. But you refuse to debate it or explain your own actions. The only conclusion I can think of to explain it is that your trolling ……looking to get people wound up without offering anything in return. 
Too funny. 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:25 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
TOntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

You really are hilarious. You need to grow some. I think this whole conversation is funny. You deflect in order to avoid answering questions posed way back because you're too afraid to take a stance. You obviously feel passionately about the topic since you rehash it constantly. But you refuse to debate it or explain your own actions. The only conclusion I can think of to explain it is that your trolling ……looking to get people wound up without offering anything in return. 
Too funny. 

There you go again, speculating and assuming.  Trying to tell people what to do, how to think.  More sad than funny actually.  Not riled he said :-) lol  But on a serious note, as I mentioned earlier, speculating and assuming is what got you into this mess in the first place. 

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:36 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
TOntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Too funny. 

There you go again, speculating and assuming.  Trying to tell people what to do, how to think.  More sad than funny actually.  Not riled he said :-) lol  But on a serious note, as I mentioned earlier, speculating and assuming is what got you into this mess in the first place. 
What the hell are you on? The mess I'm in? You had some pretty goofy comments before but this takes the cake. Answer the questions asked of you. I'm still waiting for your answers. But that's probably asking too much. After all you only want to know what others think…the man without an opinion. Ha ha

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:38 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
TOntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Too funny. 

What the hell are you on? The mess I'm in? You had some pretty goofy comments before but this takes the cake. Answer the questions asked of you. I'm still waiting for your answers. But that's probably asking too much. After all you only want to know what others think…the man without an opinion. Ha ha

More name calling.  We know what you're about :-)  Answer my question.  lol   Sure, your other tactic, to hijack a thread and get it closed likely will work.  Can't have an intelligent discussion, that's one way.  It's obvious but it works.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
TOntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Too funny. 

More name calling.  We know what you're about :-)  Answer my question.  lol   Sure, your other tactic, to hijack a thread and get it closed likely will work.  Can't have an intelligent discussion, that's one way.
What name calling? Why won't you answer the question? Hard to have an intelligent discussion with someone who won't answer a simple question in the topic he originated. It should be closed , it's same discussion as everyone before it. 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
TOntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Too funny. 

More name calling.  We know what you're about :-)  Answer my question.  lol   Sure, your other tactic, to hijack a thread and get it closed likely will work.  Can't have an intelligent discussion, that's one way.
What name calling? Why won't you answer the question? Hard to have an intelligent discussion with someone who won't answer a simple question in the topic he originated. It should be closed , it's same discussion as everyone before it. 

Yeah, we know why you are doing it as you stated in your reply above.  Answer my simple question :-)

by Royce Howland on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:56 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Shut this down and get back on a productive track, folks, or it will be shut down for you. How many times do we have to moderate stuff like this to get the message across?

As a side note: when you're making replies, you don't need to quote scores of lines of deeply nested previous statements to make a 2 line comment. Nobody is going to read through that, you're just contributing to thread death even if the nature of the comments didn't already guarantee it.
Royce Howland

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
You are absolutely right Royce. Let's get back onto topic. Hope it stays that way.

From a local photographer who has had a change of heart on the feeding of owls. It's making the rounds among the local folks. Agree or disagree, that is your choice of course. I think everyone can think for themselves. We're all adults although you wouldn't know it based on the nonsense that has transpired here. Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

http://www.rudypohl.com/2015/01/snowy-o ... nues-2015/

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:08 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Ontphoto, it's your thread you should have the courage to answer a question put to you, but if you still refuse to do so, then answer these ones. Why do you initiate the owl baiting topic every year? I'm curious, to see if it's still polarized? To see if any new information has come to light since your last one? To provoke emotional and lively debate by others(but carefully avoiding injecting your own)? To bring it back to the spotlight? Trolling?
What is it you're looking for?

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Ontphoto, it's your thread you should have the courage to answer a question put to you, but if you still refuse to do so, then answer these ones. Why do you initiate the owl baiting topic every year? I'm curious, to see if it's still polarized? To see if any new information has come to light since your last one? To provoke emotional and lively debate by others(but carefully avoiding injecting your own)? To bring it back to the spotlight? Trolling?
What is it you're looking for?

Since I have already mentioned this in previous responses and you never bothered to stop and read (based on you asking the same question again)...however, I am all for level-headed discussions on this topic, here's another go at it.  It is a topic that will never go away.  Discussions on some sites are pretty much one-sided.  I was hoping it would get a more balanced response here.  People state their opinions and are polite in their response.  That's good. I don't everyone to agree.  Does anyone expect that?  But one can still have an intelligent discussion nevertheless.  If one does not wish to participate that's certainly a choice.  But as you can see, others still have something to say about it or offer a new perspective.  That's what forums are for.  Especially the "ETHICS" forum.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:36 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:You are absolutely right Royce. Let's get back onto topic. Hope it stays that way.

From a local photographer who has had a change of heart on the feeding of owls. It's making the rounds among the local folks. Agree or disagree, that is your choice of course. I think everyone can think for themselves. We're all adults although you wouldn't know it based on the nonsense that has transpired here. Hopefully cooler heads prevail.

Yes, you've certainly spewed your share. Why does this subject fascinate you so much?

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:45 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:You are absolutely right Royce. Let's get back onto topic. Hope it stays that way.

Yes, you've certainly spewed your share. Why does this subject fascinate you so much?

We're into bird photography.  Do you have to ask?   Call it spew, share or whatever.

89 posts |