All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Martin 095 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Member #:01126
Anyone here have experience with either of these two camera stores? In particular, I am interested with respect to purchasing online and whether they are fast and respectable (ie, ship USA models and not slipping in gray models). I have dealt with each of them in the past but it was many years ago and given today's economy, much is sacrificed in the name of profit. I don't want any mistakes or hassles.

TIA!
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

by Alan Melle on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
No experience with Norman but I've had good experiences with Canoga. USA lenses only and prompt service. I recently returned a new lens with debris on an internal lens element and they shipped me a replacement in two days. I'd buy from them again.
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by Dan Wolin on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:33 am
Dan Wolin
Forum Contributor
Norman Camera is my local store and they are great. Highly recommended. When the MkIII "issue" hit they took excellent care of me and made it right more than once. I don't have experience with Canoga but have heard good things as well.
Dan Wolin
Marshall, MI

by signgrap on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Dan Wolin wrote:Norman Camera is my local store and they are great. Highly recommended. When the MkIII "issue" hit they took excellent care of me and made it right more than once. I don't have experience with Canoga but have heard good things as well.
I've had a very good experience with Norman Camera. Recommend them highly.
Dick Ludwig

by Chas on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm
Chas
Lifetime Member
Member #:00037
I have great service from Allen's Camera in PA, and Hunt's

Chas
Charles Glatzer M.Photog, Canon Explorer of Light, https://about.me/charlesglatzer
Check out www.shootthelight.com for info on workshops, seminars, appearances, etc.
NSN 0037

by Martin 095 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 pm
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Member #:01126
Thanks for the help everyone - I appreciate your time!
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

by mikeojohnson on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:56 am
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
Another vote for Norman. They seem to get the new stuff early and have great service. Ask for Andy Thompson, who has given me excellent service over a number of years.
Mike
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

7 posts |