Motif: Sailing

Posted by Harvey Edelman on Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
This was originally done for a magazine article and since CMYK presses print about 15% darker on recycled paper I always boost the brightness and saturation for those occasions. BTW...the clouds are fake.
Commenting, downloading and critiquing are permitted.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

Posted by:
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor

by robert hasty on Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:09 pm
robert hasty
Forum Contributor
Nice one Harvey, great colors here. A little oversharpened i beleive but thats nothing to sweat over :wink:
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

by Brent Stovall on Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:50 am
Brent Stovall
Forum Contributor
Harvey, looks good with the vibrant colors? I have never done an article for a magazine so I am curious about situations like this. Does the magazine know the clouds are not real, do you disclose this to them?

Please understand, this is an honest question. This is not ment to point fingers for any reason or start a debate over ethics. I am just curious as to how it works as I am going to start writing for a local magazine in hopes to get some work.

Brent
http://www.naturesphotography.net

by Harvey Edelman on Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:23 pm
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
Brent Stovall wrote:Harvey, looks good with the vibrant colors? I have never done an article for a magazine so I am curious about situations like this. Does the magazine know the clouds are not real, do you disclose this to them?

Please understand, this is an honest question. This is not ment to point fingers for any reason or start a debate over ethics. I am just curious as to how it works as I am going to start writing for a local magazine in hopes to get some work.

Brent
In the case of this magazine, they give me free rein to do what I want. I also submit a whole bunch of images and they choose what they want. They have a graphics designer who many times often manipulates the images even more. The last cover I did for them matter of fact he combined two images together, taking the image of the featured boat and putting it in another location that I had shot.. The magazine isn't bound by the same rules that I would have to follow when I do photojournelism.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

by Ken Cravillion on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:51 am
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Cool. Those colors are neon!
Ken Cravillion

5 posts |