« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by ahazeghi on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:55 pm
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
I have published an interview with Chuck Westfall on my blog about the features of the new 1D X MKII that are more relevant to bird/wildlife photographers. 

you can view the article here

The most attractive feature of this body for bird photographers is the new AF system, it is more sensitive, includes many more cross-sensors at  f/5.6 and f/8 while all of the 61 AF sensors are active at f/8. The tracking algorithms have also been improved. This is beneficial when working with very long focal lengths (2X III) or when working with a very light lens such as my favorite 400 DO II with 2X III.There are other improvements too

I hope to get my body soon, stay tuned for a review and side-by-side comparison with the old one.

by Brian E. Small on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 pm
Brian E. Small
Forum Contributor
Member #:00479
Good stuff Arash...................many thanks!

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You asked some great questions, unfortunately the best questions, like a politician, he didn't actually answer.

by Joerg Rockenberger on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 pm
Joerg Rockenberger
Forum Contributor
Sounds all fantastic... Though every time I hear Canon talk about improved AF I chuckle... Then snort. Have a history with it starting at the Canon 30D... I can't recall the last time I missed AF since switching to the Sony A7 mr II except when I did something wrong. And I am talking about non-action scenery which shouldn't pose a challenge for either systems...

Joerg

by ahazeghi on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 pm
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
Chuck just informed the camera will ship in the US at the end of April so three months away.

by PV Hiker on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:31 pm
PV Hiker
Forum Contributor
Great :(. That just gives us a couple weeks to learn it, micro adjust lenses and head out on a trip. That seems to happen over the years to us but a good way to run equipment through its paces.
Patrick

6 posts |