Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Kim on Tue May 05, 2015 8:25 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
On my D750 the right side toggle that one attaches a strap too in up on the top of the body. I do not use any straps only the grip because I can not cope with any weight on my neck due to arthritis in the spine and back of the head.

Due to the placement of the toggle on the D750 it often gets in the way. Can you remove them and if so how?

by Steven Major on Wed May 06, 2015 9:37 am
Steven Major
Forum Contributor
Sounds like an expensive removal. What's it getting in the way of?...maybe their is another solution to the problem the chrome post is causing.

by Robert on Wed May 06, 2015 11:48 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
Assuming it's the same as on my D610 you can probably remove it in this way. Remove the black plastic cover off the "strap triangle". Then you will see how the strap triangle is constructed much like a circular car key ring that you can pry open to slip a key on or off. Similarly it looks like you can slip the strap triangle on or off the chrome post and get it out of your way.

by Mark Picard on Wed May 06, 2015 1:25 pm
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Robert wrote:Assuming it's the same as on my D610 you can probably remove it in this way. Remove the black plastic cover off the "strap triangle". Then you will see how the strap triangle is constructed much like a circular car key ring that you can pry open to slip a key on or off. Similarly it looks like you can slip the strap triangle on or off the chrome post and get it out of your way.
+1    I've removed those "triangles" on all my cameras. If you're talking about the entire post, I think that's near impossible as I'm sure those posts are well attached as to hold the weight of the camera while on the strap. The posts might even be a part of the camera body structure inside. 
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by E.J. Peiker on Wed May 06, 2015 1:33 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Yes and the process is exactly as Robert stated. Make sure you save them because the resale value without them is severely compromised.

by Kim on Wed May 06, 2015 5:00 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the information. I will give it a go and even save them.

The toggle thing flops about on top on the camera and it covers part of the top screen and I often get my finger tangled in it going for the shutter, but only on the right hand side.

6 posts |