Sign In

Join the largest online community for nature
photographers. An account to participate in
our forums is free! We also offer other
membership options.

Please enter the email address associated with your account. If you have not edited this in your
profile then enter the email address that you used when creating your account.

Trouble Signing In?

We apologize if you are having problems signing in. With our latest website upgrades there have been some changes that may cause a sign in problem until cookies are cleared using the steps below.
  1. Navigate to Forums Home in the website navigation bar and click on the link Delete all board cookies located under the Browse Forums page title.
  2. Close all NatureScapes tabs/windows and exit the browser entirely.
  3. Open the browser and make sure it's not opening up any NatureScapes pages.
  4. Delete the NSN-specific cookies in your browser or, if you don't have an objection, delete all cookies. The NSN cookies have either .naturescapes.net or .www.naturescapes.net as part of their name. For help with deleting cookies in your browser please check out this helpful guide on www.aboutcookies.org.
  5. Exit the browser again, reopen it, and try to sign in again.
If deleting board and browser cookies does not resolve your issue please send us an email at editors@naturescapes.net with the following information: We are committed to providing quality customer service and website support. We will respond to your email as quickly as possible.

Packed with articles, tips, workshop news, store coupons, sales alerts and more!

We respect your privacy—your email address will not be shared or sold. You may unsubscribe at any time and control which
newsletters you receive.

Moderators: Greg Downing, E.J. Peiker, Royce Howland

All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Eia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
I fear my D90 is dying. I get a blinking green light near the battery when the card is in and camera on. I've troubleshooted the obvious; cards and batteries. I've heard that it's generally the circuit board that is dying and eventually the camera will just quit. My question is if it is worth getting fixed?

I have wanted to upgrade but hoped I had time to see if a 400 would appear. I know the 7100 will be available soon and I've thought about jumping to the FX world with the 600 but all my lenses are for a DX! I'm in a pickle because I don't know if time is on my side. Advice?

Thanks!
~AnnaMaria~

by Baywing on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:24 am
Baywing
Forum Contributor
From what you posted, it is safe to assume that you have tried several different cards? If so, the next thing to try is a complete reset. You can remove the battery overnight and/or do a reset as described in the manual. If that doesn't fix it I suspect the camera is done and it is likely beyond economical repair.
You could always pick up a used D300(s) for a while. Prices are low enough and you would be able to recoup most of that should a D400 come out soon.

by Eia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
Baywing wrote:
From what you posted, it is safe to assume that you have tried several different cards?  If so, the next thing to try is a complete reset.  You can remove the battery overnight and/or do a reset as described in the manual.  If that doesn't fix it I suspect the camera is done and it is likely beyond economical repair.
You could always pick up a used D300(s) for a while.  Prices are low enough and you would be able to recoup most of that should a D400 come out soon.

Thanks, yes I already tried your suggestion several different cards, several different batteries and reset -- cooling the camera, and after two days = nada! :(
I'll take it to the camera shop (about the only one around here) and just ask and see what they say! C'mon Nikon!
~AnnaMaria~

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:10 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Likely a bent pin that goes into the flash card in the flash card receiver.

by Andrew Kandel on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:29 pm
Andrew Kandel
Forum Contributor
Even if a D400 comes out I'd think your D90 would still be useful as a backup camera.

by Eia on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:26 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
Just an update with my blinking green light issue. They said it was in the on/off switch and is a fixable issue at a very reasonably cost. YaY... that buys me some time before my next camera purchase!
~AnnaMaria~

6 posts | 

People Who Like This: