Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Mike in O on Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Nature on PBS is showing "The Sage Brush Sea" on Wednesday the 20th of May...I will be watching since it is my home eco-system.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Tue May 19, 2015 12:59 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks for posting this. Although we may not have the variety of wildlife and birds in our sagebrush regions, we have a lot of sagebrush in the northern and some central parts of the state.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Just play a little Ian Tyson, to get a feeling for the Sage Brush Sea in music.
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 20, 2015 8:56 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Just finished watching it. Great footage, especially of the Sage Grouse. Well worth watching! Thanks again for posting this.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by Brian E. Small on Thu May 21, 2015 1:34 pm
Brian E. Small
Forum Contributor
Member #:00479
Just thought I'd give a quick shout out to my friend Gerrit Vyn who did the cinematography and produced this film for the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. An outstanding job by a wonderful photographer...............if you're interested in more of his work and the photo blind he markets here's his site: http://gerritvynphoto.com/
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
I looked at the site, Brian...nice images. The film seemed to be filmed mostly in Wyoming which looks a bit different than Oregon, Nevada, and California. The sage brush sea phrase comes from the glacial lakes that once existed (some still do)and stretch to the horizon as flat lake bottoms with a monoculture of sage (of course it isn't as simple as that). Sage Grouse eat the sage...at least 2 varieties in Oregon...tall and short with the tall being necessary for nesting and cover.
Topic Locked  

6 posts |