Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Monsanto is contributing some money to help save Monarchs!!!! Big deal! After doing so much damage and then part of it is going to be set aside to wait for matching funds from federal agencies over the next three years. Better than nothing, but pretty sorry, IMO! Just PR.

http://news.yahoo.com/monsanto-donates- ... 45885.html

Read the comments after the article. Most of them, so far, reflect my views.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by Andrew_5488 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 am
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:Monsanto is contributing some money to help save Monarchs!!!! Big deal! After doing so much damage and then part of it is going to be set aside to wait for matching funds from federal agencies over the next three years. Better than nothing, but pretty sorry, IMO! Just PR.

http://news.yahoo.com/monsanto-donates- ... 45885.html

Read the comments after the article. Most of them, so far, reflect my views.

Joe
This is a complete BS !
The only reason I can see here is that they started to feel some pressure and decided to do something about it.
And the good thing would be not their reaction but action which caused it (if I'm correct in thinking that pressure starts to build up against Monsanto).
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:07 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
"Monsanto is committed to preserving and protecting the biodiversity of our planet," Monsanto President and Chief Operating Officer Brett Begemann said. "While weed management has been a factor in the decline of milkweed habitat, the agricultural sector can absolutely be part of the solution in restoring it."

The statements that come from these corporate heads are oftentimes nauseating, such as Sony's chameleon stance regarding the comedy about North Korea's Pres.
Topic Locked  

3 posts |