Red Fox Sniff

Posted by Anders Ogren on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:58 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
This is from the same series as my previous post. If I remember correctly, I mimicked prey in distress using a blade of grass to attract it. D810, 500mm VR, ISO1600 f/5.6 1/1500s
Comments and critiques are appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by:
Anders Ogren
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:07 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
not quite sure how you mimicked the prey in distress using the blade of grass to attract it. looks simply like it's sniffing the grass. ignoring what you wrote, this is a very lovely image with wonderful lighting. I'd personally crop a small part of the left, keeping the yellow flower.
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Anders Ogren on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 pm
Anders Ogren
Forum Contributor
Thanks David. To clarify, I put a blade of grass between the sides of my thumbs so it's vertical and tight, then blow into the gap created by my thumbs. It creates a high pitched squeal if done right. I do it a few times then just wait. At the time this was taken I had probably waited 20 minutes after the call then saw it coming down the trail I was on so I laid down and just watched it exploring the area

by david fletcher on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:17 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Anders Ogren wrote:Thanks David. To clarify, I put a blade of grass between the sides of my thumbs so it's vertical and tight, then blow into the gap created by my thumbs. It creates a high pitched squeal if done right. I do it a few times then just wait. At the time this was taken I had probably waited 20 minutes after the call then saw it coming down the trail I was on so I laid down and just watched it exploring the area

that's cool...  
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Pierre Bonenfant on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:38 am
Pierre Bonenfant
Forum Contributor
Anders you have some interesting tricks.

Well done with this backlighted subject. If possible, may be a little hignher point of view would have been better to eliminate the large out of focus band in the lower part.
Pierre Bonenfant
Québec, Canada
Visit my gallery at: http://pierrebonenfantphotographe.zenfolio.com/

5 posts |