Bosque Coyote

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
A Coyote at Bosque del Apache.
Nikon D200, Nikon 500 f4, f4@1/1600 second.
All C&C welcome.
Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:25 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
looks like it's saying, "follow me and i'll give you a nice show"... watch these birdies fly. Super sharp where it matters Joe. Nice capture. great angle and bg... and love the artistic result of this ones efforts...
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:looks like it's saying, "follow me and i'll give you a nice show"... watch these birdies fly.   Super sharp where it matters Joe.  Nice capture.  great angle and bg... and love the artistic result of this ones efforts...
This guy was a ham!!! When we first saw him, he was eating a Snow Goose near the Marsh Deck and decided to walk within 25 feet of a group of school kids. He then went on to put on this display and develop an entourage of about 6 cars as he walked down the road. He then entered a field of ducks west of the Rookery and proceeded to stir them all up, catching one in the process. Nobody was expecting that he would jump up and grab a Mallard out of the air and we all missed capturing the moment!!! He continued to chase the ducks and Sandhill Cranes for about ten minutes. Next he nonchalantly walked past us on the other edge of the road about 15 feet away from us and went about his merry way. I also captured a video of him doing a dance around a bobcat next to the road.on another occasion. We saw him on several trips in the same area and he was always a joy to watch!!!
For those who wondered what David was referring to when he said about the artistic results of the coyotes efforts, here's a link to the shot:

http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/view ... 9&t=256924

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by joem on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm
joem
Forum Contributor
I like the look back pose Joe, he sounds like a real character.

by Carol Clarke on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:08 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Lovely pose Joe and I like that 'knowing' look he's giving you- very expressive! I also like the end result of his antics in your digital art picture of the flying mallards, which would make a great wall hanging!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:43 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Is that a coyote wink I see? What a great picture and wonderful story. The post on P&DA is also fabulous!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

6 posts |