Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by kculton on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:14 pm
kculton
Forum Contributor
Is it possible to download from a 32 gb CF card to the ipad air 2. I won't actually download all photos, just want to check some of the images, what should I buy?
Thanks

by ChrisRoss on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:35 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
There is this :

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821 ... ra-adapter

You need to connect the camera as the Ipad can't provide needed power to download from a card reader. It will probably work but not sure how well.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:31 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It works fine but RAW files are very large, You might want to shoot RAW+JPEG. And get the JPEGs onto the iPad.  Or if your camera has WiFi, set that up and connect the iPad to the camera via WiFi and look at the images on the camera.  If we know your camera gear, it would be easier to give you the best way to review images on your iPad without killing the iPad's storage in the process.

As for connecting a card reader, CF is problematic since it draws too much power - you need a card reader that has a power supply or, as Chris said, just plug the camera into the iPad via the cable in the link and that way the camera becomes a powered card reader.

by kculton on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:37 am
kculton
Forum Contributor
Thanks guys, i am using a Canon 1DX, and Canon 5diii. With the 5d I can use the sd card and reader and pick out a few images to review, loks like I would need to connect the camera and shoot Raw+jpeg as E.J. suggested

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:15 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
What you can do is write the RAWs to the CF and the JPEG to the SD and the review them on the iPad or as we said before, just hook the camera to the iPad so that the CF cards get enough power. I did a whole Antarctica trip that way

5 posts |