« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Vivek on Tue May 26, 2015 3:20 pm
Vivek
Lifetime Member
Member #:01186
Hi folks,

Anyone use this NSN birds keyword pack download from NSN store? I want to know what to expect if I get it. The product in question is a downloadable list of keywords for "Bird photos" in English, apparently for the user to use in a program like Lightroom.

Unlike many other products in the store though, the description on this one is quite thin. So I was wondering if there are folks who use this regularly. Here are some of the questions:
  • What exactly does it include and "which taxonomic reference" is used? It says birds of the world but this is not clear.
  • Are ABA specific species labeled separately? Are ABA Codes there?
  • Is this for Lightroom specifically? Can this be used in other programs?
  • How is this enabled in Lightroom (I still use LR 5.7.1).
  • Any noticable performance degradation in LR due to the use of this add on?
  • Are there any costs for upgrades? 
Similar questions could also be asked of the "Mammals" keyword pack.

Thanks in advance.
-- Vivek Khanzode
http://www.birdpixel.com

by Gary Briney on Tue May 26, 2015 8:14 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Vivek wrote:Hi folks,

Anyone use this NSN birds keyword pack download from NSN store? I want to know what to expect if I get it. The product in question is a downloadable list of keywords for "Bird photos" in English, apparently for the user to use in a program like Lightroom.

Unlike many other products in the store though, the description on this one is quite thin. So I was wondering if there are folks who use this regularly. Here are some of the questions:
  • What exactly does it include and "which taxonomic reference" is used? It says birds of the world but this is not clear.
  • Are ABA specific species labeled separately? Are ABA Codes there?
  • Is this for Lightroom specifically? Can this be used in other programs?
  • How is this enabled in Lightroom (I still use LR 5.7.1).
  • Any noticable performance degradation in LR due to the use of this add on?
  • Are there any costs for upgrades? 
Similar questions could also be asked of the "Mammals" keyword pack.

Thanks in advance.
The Naturescapes Store is a separate entity -- I suggest you contact retail@naturescapes.net directly.
Thanks and good luck!
G. Briney

by Greg Downing on Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Technically the store is not a separate entity - it's all part of the same business but we do have different contact as Gary said. Let me know if you don't get an answer from the retail address and I will look into this further for you - I have not personally used the keywords myself yet but might consider it as it seems like a lot of the work is done in this program.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Gary Briney on Fri May 29, 2015 11:44 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Greg Downing wrote:Technically the store is not a separate entity - it's all part of the same business...
Sorry for my misperception!
G. Briney

by Vivek on Fri May 29, 2015 12:01 pm
Vivek
Lifetime Member
Member #:01186
Thanks Greg and Gary.

Gary, even if it were not a separate entity, I am not sure why discussing this product in the forum would be an issue. Am I missing something?

Regards,
-- Vivek Khanzode
http://www.birdpixel.com

by Gary Briney on Fri May 29, 2015 2:26 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Discussing it in this forum is not a problem. However moderators here do not have anything to do directly with the Store, and are not very likely to be able to answer questions about the specific item you've interested in. Store employees on the other hand should be much better able to do so.

If other members have the item, they should feel free to share their experience. :)
G. Briney

6 posts |