All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by fredcor on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:25 pm
fredcor
Lifetime Member
Member #:00186
Something wrong with the 12.0.01 update.  It needed to restart the computer, but when restarted I could not log on, it kept going back to the log in screen.  I had to do a restore from TIme machine backup of yesterday.  All seems OK now, but iTunes update still shows in the box with the note that a restart is necessary. 
SO those of you using Mountain Lion or iTunes 12.0 be warned.
Frederick Lat Correa

by ChrisRoss on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:02 am
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
I've given up updating iTunes, it breaks or they change it so much I have to learn how to use it all over again, just change for the sake of change.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by rnclark on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:28 am
rnclark
Lifetime Member
Member #:01978
Its more than just change for change sake. They also have to add a bunch of code to handle new models. In new models they change the file system of how the music is organized on the device. This seems to be to frustrate 3rd party apps so they lock users in only to apple products. That also forces upgrades: buy a new ipod, need new itunes. Need new itunes: need new operating system. Need new operating system, need new computer.

Sound familiar? Think proprietary raw files on cameras. Buy new camera, need new software....
None of this is necessary.

Rebel!

Roger

by Wildflower-nut on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 am
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
Sounds like apple is taking a page from microsoft's game book.  Change simply so marketing can say it is "new".  Unfortunately new no longer seems to mean better. The reviews of itunes 12 in general are not flattering even if it worked as it is supposed to.

4 posts |