All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by lelouarn on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:38 am
lelouarn
Forum Contributor
Hi,
Currently, I am using a relatively simple software (Jalbum) to present my pictures on the web. The software takes a set of directories full of pictures and creates a picture gallery. I like it because it is easy to use (select a template, dump pictures, and it takes care of the rest) and hierarchical - if you have several folders, each folder is processed and shown in the gallery as separate (ideal if each folder is a trip, for example). Some software just take all pictures it can find and lump them together, which just makes an unmanageable chaos.

Now, the problem is that the gallery this software creates is a bit old school. It'd like something that can make a gallery for different platforms (like if you open the gallery with an iPhone, you could swipe to get to the next image, pinch to zoom etc, and if you open it with a PC, then you have some swanky flash transitions). From Lightroom, I know I could make flash galleries, which look pretty good - but do not work on smartphones and tablets. I also know there are presentation software to make slideshows, but haven't investigated those in detail. I don't want to go to the trouble of making 2 separate galleries (smartphone and PC), I'm ok tinkering with images so they look how I want, but creating a gallery should be more or less automatized.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

by mikeojohnson on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:50 am
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
I use a hosting site: zenfolio

It integrates with Lightroom so creating and maintaining a gallery, or a whole website for that matter, is a simple affair.

They also have free apps that you can put on your phone or pad that reconfigure your galleries for those displays.

It may be more than you are looking for, but it does what you are searching for.
Mike
mojphoto.com
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

by lelouarn on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:58 am
lelouarn
Forum Contributor
Thanks Mike, I'll have a look at that...

3 posts |