« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by Mike Milicia on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:57 pm
Mike Milicia
Forum Contributor
As far as I can tell, the elimination of the Preview checkbox means that I have lost the ability to simply toggle between the before and after view of the entire image.  I found this basic capability to be a very useful feature and I see no way to do it using the new preview options provided.  Am I missing something?
Mike Milicia
Online Classes | Workshops | Facebook

by Chas on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:23 pm
Chas
Lifetime Member
Member #:00037
Not sure about ARC CS6, with LR5 you can toggle before /after in the Dev Module using the \ key.

Chas
Charles Glatzer M.Photog, Canon Explorer of Light, https://about.me/charlesglatzer
Check out www.shootthelight.com for info on workshops, seminars, appearances, etc.
NSN 0037

Last edited by Chas on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Mike Milicia on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:32 pm
Mike Milicia
Forum Contributor
They replaced the ACR Preview checkbox with options that match the Dev module like split screen views, etc. but they did not add the use of the \ key to toggle the entire image.   That would have made sense but, as far as I can tell, that is not what they did.

This is with the latest CC update of ACR.
Mike Milicia

by bradmangas on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
From the adobe blog. 

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal ... lable.html

Release Notes

Camera Raw 8.4 introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:

A new before/after Preview system with side-by-side and split-view support.
The main idea is a simple Before/After set of image settings.
The Preview checkbox in earlier versions of ACR has been replaced by three buttons in the bottom-right of the ACR main dialog. From left to right, they are:
Mode: Click this button to cycle through left/right and top/bottom side-by-side and split-view modes. Click-and-hold this button to bring up a popup menu for directly choosing Preview modes and accessing the Preview Preferences. Keyboard shortcut: Press Q to cycle through the Preview modes.
Swap: Click this button to swap Before/After settings. Keyboard shortcut: Press P to swap Before/After settings for the primary selected image only; press Shift-P to swap Before/After settings for all selected images.
Copy: Click this button to copy the After settings to the Before settings. This is useful for establishing a temporary “checkpoint” for your image editing session. Keyboard shortcut: Press Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for the primary selected image only. Press Shift-Option-P to copy After settings to the Before settings for all selected images.
The After preview image always reflects the current slider and tool settings (White Balance, Exposure, etc.).
The standard single-image view always shows the After state.
In the side-by-side and split-view modes, the Before settings are always shown on the left or top, and the After settings are always shown on the right or bottom.
The Preview Preferences dialog supports customizing the Preview modes used for cycling and some drawing options.
When using any tool other than Zoom and Pan (hand) in a side-by-side or split-view, changes are only allowed on the After view. Using the Crop tool will put you back into the standard single-image mode.
Zooming and panning on one view will automatically zoom and pan the other.

by Mike Milicia on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm
Mike Milicia
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Brad ... I saw that and yes, they have implemented many new ways to get side-by-side and split screen previews but, as far as I can tell, there is no way to get the old behavior of being able to simply toggle between before and after views of the entire image.
Mike Milicia

by Royce Howland on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Mike, isn't that what the other two little icons at the bottom right of the ACR image window -- and their associated hotkeys -- are for? Hitting "P" does a full screen before vs. after toggle. Hitting Alt-P copies the current settings into the "before" set, so you can make more changes and then do a before vs. after toggle using a new baseline.
Royce Howland

by Mike Milicia on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm
Mike Milicia
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Royce! I get it now ... pretty obvious once you pointed it out. I was clicking on the Mode button before using the Swap button and that got me confused.
Mike Milicia

by Royce Howland on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
:)
Royce Howland

8 posts |